DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FCC vs CE

Davpmars

Reactions
The DJI dealer near my house only has the Mavic mini CE version. I’ve been very confused about the difference between FCC and CE. Today while talking to a DJI customer service person he told me that both are the same. Each drone will follow the local regulation whether that be CE or FCC.

This didn’t seem correct as others are complaining that the CE version is weaker with less range. What do you guys know about this?
0fd84941069f2fc112ac44659b2c06a9.jpg

the MM was made in three versions but if you are not in Japan then only two of them are relevant, the drones themselves are identical apart from the RC and receiver 5.8 for the US 2.4 +5.8 for the rest, its the,Radio transmitted power that is different from the US and the rest of the world ,and in the US the 5.8gh channel is what is used for WIFI
it was the first drone that DJI made region specific

The DJI dealer near my house only has the Mavic mini CE version. I’ve been very confused about the difference between FCC and CE. Today while talking to a DJI customer service person he told me that both are the same. Each drone will follow the local regulation whether that be CE or FCC.

This didn’t seem correct as others are complaining that the CE version is weaker with less range. What do you guys know about this?
0fd84941069f2fc112ac44659b2c06a9.jpg
Where in Indonesia are you ?
As stated, it is correct that the CE drone will improve distance when you take it home to America. HOWEVER, it is limited to a much lower transmission strength than the FCC model. The CE model doesn't have the components installed for more transmission strength. There are FCC models available in Indonesia but you have to look. Look up Oomjer on Youtube, he's a pretty helpful guy. He's in West Java and he can probably help point you in the right direction. .
It would be better for you to get an FCC model and then use the FCC hack to fly in Indonesia (many do just that) and then when you go home you will have full strength transmission.
Having said that, when flying with the DJI Fly app while using the FCC hack, you can only use up to Fly 1.1.2. After that, the hack won't work. When you go back to the US the hack is not necessary for full strength.
Some people that are using the Litchi app for the Mini (beta mode) say the hack is working fine with it. I don't know when the Litchi app will be out of Beta but it probably won't be long.

Last edited:
As stated, it is correct that the CE drone will improve distance when you take it home to America.

Is this really correct? My understanding is that the FCC will have reduced power in a CE region but I wasn’t aware that a CE drone would have increased power in an FCC region. I thought the CE version’s maximum power was just that.

Not much difference between Fcc model and hacked Ce version in Fcc mode,in my opinion.
With parayagi attached, I could empty the battery on a long distance return flight, and get close to American Fcc long range limit

FCC hack is tempting but I just find the process too tedious. Kind of takes the fun out of the "plug and fly" convenience of the Mini, if you know what I mean.

Is there a way to do the FCC hack and just power up the drone and connect to the controller the usual ordinary way? ?

Is there a way to do the FCC hack and just power up the drone and connect to the controller the usual ordinary way? ?

Certainly. Just move to a FCC country. The nearest I am aware of is Malaysia. DJI just re-classified the country from CE to FCC

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack_0851