• Fly alone most of the time flying

Votes: 75 94.9%
  • Fly with others most of the time flying

Votes: 4 5.1%

• Total voters

Drone on

Reactions
I saw a post that made me think to ask this question/take this poll

Do you most often fly alone, or seek out others to fly with?

Alone all the time.
Always have .
You left that out of your poll .

The vast majority of my sUAS time is "flying alone". I do fly with others when the situation allows and genuinely enjoy the comradery of like minded "operators".

If I'm on the move and after small photographic targets that can be captured quickly, I prefer to fly alone. What I assume is you're saying flying with a friend means another people with their own drones. I want to be able to get what I'm after and don't want to wait for my buddy or buddies to land and pack up for the next target. But I often have a friend who is just along for the ride. I fly away from cities and people as much as possible. I most often fly at places where I can fly at distance and in those situations I prefer to fly with other friends who own their own multi-rotors.

Solo here.

i mostly fly alone i like to travel about looking for different places to fly the one thing i have is time as i am retired from the daily grind

my friend who purchased my PH3 sometimes comes with me but as he still has to work and has family commitments he is unable to fly as much as i do.

i do think that the majority of UAV fliers do tend to fly alone because of the nature of the hobby ,and i hope that we will be able to continue to do so when the upcoming regulations come in to force and we will not be restricted to a few selected sites completing with others for air time

98% Solo Flights

I prefer to fly with a friend and we rotate S spotters. It can make a big difference when all you focus is on getting a shot lined up and you forget to look around for trees. I prefer to fly with the obstacle off as many time I am landing in a spot where the system will attempt to stop the landing due to objects close by.

Also 2 people will almost always have less of a chance of being hassled. Just like when I was riding bikes. Loved to ride alone but 2 or more riders get more respect.

Paul C

I fly alone so far all the time don’t know anybody that flies around here anyway

I prefer to fly with a friend and we rotate S spotters. It can make a big difference when all you focus is on getting a shot lined up and you forget to look around for trees. I prefer to fly with the obstacle off as many time I am landing in a spot where the system will attempt to stop the landing due to objects close by.

Also 2 people will almost always have less of a chance of being hassled. Just like when I was riding bikes. Loved to ride alone but 2 or more riders get more respect.

Paul C
good points

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7