DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feature request for DJI RC... Auto WiFi On

or you could just pull the screen down and turn it back on before you fly off

Yep...would be nice. Although sometimes when using my iphone as a hotspot it controller won't pick up wifi signal unless i turn the hotspot on and off.. Pro controller does the same thing.

and a toggle to set video on automatically like my FPV does.

@mjperry the drone does not disconnect from WIFI ,its the DJI RC that disconnects when the drone takes off, this is because the FLY APP that is running in the Controller is very power hungry with regards to the amount of processing it uses and turning off the WIFI connection therefore helps to reduce the CPU s usage , it also helps with battery life as well , you have to remember that having the built in screen as well ,is putting an extra drain on the batteries

the WIFI connection ,has nothing to do with the connection between the drone and the RC ,its between the RC and the internet

Reactions: Rchawks
So what does the drone disconnect from WiFi when it’s airborne?
It's because of all the connection/range issues with the RC and Mini 3. Some found that turning WIFI off helped, So DJI listened and add ed the auto-WIFI-off feature to a firmware uodate. Turns out that it had nothing to do with range. BUT they have not removed it.

It's because of all the connection/range issues with the RC and Mini 3. Some found that turning WIFI off helped, So DJI listened and add ed the auto-WIFI-off feature to a firmware uodate. Turns out that it had nothing to do with range. BUT they have not removed it.
not quite sure i agree with your statement ,i received my pre ordered drone a few days after its official release date direct from DJI and that feature was already activated in the original FLY APP and drone firmware that i had to download into the RC to activate it ,plus i have never had any connection range issues with my drone since day one ,no matter what APP or firmware i was on

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlafica