DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Feelworld 10.1" Monitor from Thor's Drone World

Additional Thoughts:

1) Realized I'm not getting any volume whatsoever from either RC Pro or Smart Controller. I asked Thor's Drone World about this and they responded that they didn't think DJI output sound via HDMI and that I should still get sound from the controller itself. This is not true. First, there is no sound whatsoever that comes from controller if this monitor is plugged in. Second, if I plug the same controller (RC Pro) into a smaller 7" Feelworld monitor via HDMI, then the sound is definitely coming from the monitor. I might return this monitor because of this. I really like/need the shutter sound for a variety of reasons including the safety warnings.

2) There are two HDMI inputs on the bottom. while if just flying with a drone, of course, you'd only ever need one, if the first HDMI input Port ever failed, there's no way you'd be able to use the second one, because it's far too close to where you would have a mounting plate to put on your bracket. There's barely enough room as is with the port to the further left.

Reactions: GadgetGuy
Yikes, if that's true regarding the inability to deliver sound, I may have to send mine back when it gets here. Did you inquire through Feelworld? They replied to a problem I had with the 7" model within a few hours.

Yikes, if that's true regarding the inability to deliver sound, I may have to send mine back when it gets here. Did you inquire through Feelworld? They replied to a problem I had with the 7" model within a few hours.

No. I bought from Thor's Drone World who stated that they were the exclusive worldwide retailer right now.

I did follow back up with them and pointed out that the remote definitely output sound through HDMI to other monitors so it is not a DJI choice not to put sound on HDMI.

They emailed me back pretty quickly, I do love their customer service too, it's a great company. They said they would look into it with Feelworld immediately, and update me as soon as they get an answer.

I will update this thread as soon as I get a response.

My initial rambling thoughts after using for a couple of days:

If you have the original Smart Controller there, then your antenna comments are not really valid. I say that because from what I understood, is that the antenna should stick straight out if the drone is right overhead of you. If the drone is out in front of you, you do not have the antenna in the up position, but rather, they should be in the down position, pointing to the ground, because it is that side that sends and receives a signal, not the side that touches the SC bottom, when you fold the antenna all the way around, underneath to be stowed out of the way, against the bottom part of the SC body.

If you have the original Smart Controller there, then your antenna comments are not really valid.

I don't have the Smart Controller, this is the RC Pro.

The bigger issue than the antenna is the HDMI cable hitting the record button inadvertently (especially when using a sturdy/stiff cable).

I realized I could solve this by either:
  1. Using an elbow adapter -or-
  2. Using an HDMI cable with a right-angle.
I happened to have an adapter and it works great.

RC.png

If straight cable, you can see how it would come down straight onto the button or get in front of the left stick (red arrows).

As for the antenna issue, I was using a single position quick release clamp. I moved over to.a plate the allows an inch or two of positioning choice to the left or right. I slid monitor to the left a bit (yellow arrow) to move away from antenna. This was problem also with Smart Controller and not just RC Pro. I not positioned properly, the cable would be running down onto the antenna and bumping it (blue arrow).

So this cable and mount completely alleviate any issues whatsoever and flew with it all day with Zero problems or interference from the cable which is great.

I do LOVE the experience of flying with this super bright and super big monitor. Makes framing and composing shots a joy.

I do hope Thor's/Feelworld figure out a solution to the sound. Perhaps can be solved with a firmware update?

I will update this post next week.

I bought the hdmi from TDW and it works great with the 90deg bends1597AF5C-D5E7-4C03-8E0C-F26926FBCE95.jpeg

Not super happy with the antenna arrangement with the mount but I can live with it. Biggest issue is you can’t stow the antennas with the mount fitted. I don’t like have to install the mount each time, hence purchasing the quick release for the monitor.
I over came this by removing charger stuff from case (I usually carry all my charging gear separately anyway so not an issue) and cutting the recess deeper for the controller.59FA5A83-51DB-4502-A8FA-ACFCDAD98407.jpegFF28B344-DFA5-40F2-A441-53839726852B.jpeg

I bought the HDMI from TDW and it works great with the 90deg bends

I should note that I do think when you buy the Lifthor mount that they do include a right angle cable. However, the one that I got failed and I just replaced it with a straight cable as it wasn't an issue with the smaller monitor. The cable that comes with the Feelworld monitor is straight though.

So, when packing the remote in your case, you leave the antenna pointed up and just close the eggshell-foam top? I've been trying to figure out a solution for carrying around

I too miss being able to leave the entire LifThor mount attached while in the case (like I could with the SC). The best I can do with the VCUTECH case is leave half the mount attached

20220711_063804.jpg

Update on Sound:

It's entirely possible that this monitor has no speakers. I hadn't thought about it previously, but there is a headphone jack which works and sounds fine with headphones so at least it's getting the signal. It's not a perfect or elegant solution but I suppose I could buy one of those mini speakers the size of a nickel that is attached to a headphone jack, and just plug it in and get sound that way. I'm not sure if they sell those self-powered, I've seen them before that need to be charged by USB which is not a great solution either as I definitely don't want yet another item that I have to keep charged.

Still waiting to hear back from TDW after they consult with the manufacturer but in the meantime figured I would add this observation.

Update on Sound:

It's entirely possible that this monitor has no speakers. I hadn't thought about it previously, but there is a headphone jack which works and sounds fine with headphones so at least it's getting the signal. It's not a perfect or elegant solution but I suppose I could buy one of those mini speakers the size of a nickel that is attached to a headphone jack, and just plug it in and get sound that way. I'm not sure if they sell those self-powered, I've seen them before that need to be charged by USB which is not a great solution either as I definitely don't want yet another item that I have to keep charged.

Still waiting to hear back from TDW after they consult with the manufacturer but in the meantime figured I would add this observation.
Found this review of the FeelWorld LUT11 HDMI 2000nits Monitor on Thors Drone World which the reviewer remarks the monitor has decent volume for the speaker. So apparently it works for that guy.
Screenshot 2022-07-11 095614.jpg

Found this review of the FeelWorld LUT11 HDMI 2000nits Monitor on Thors Drone World which the reviewer remarks the monitor has decent volume for the speaker. So apparently it works for that guy.

That review was me LOL. Some start up sounds and pairing beeps, etc still come from the Smart Controller. I did not realize at the time that I wasn't getting the HDMI output from the controller and confused those sounds. However, I have now tested with a laptop output to the Monitor and it is the same result: No sound from the Monitor and ONLY sound from the headphone jack. Bummer.

I should note that I do think when you buy the Lifthor mount that they do include a right angle cable. However, the one that I got failed and I just replaced it with a straight cable as it wasn't an issue with the smaller monitor. The cable that comes with the Feelworld monitor is straight though.

So, when packing the remote in your case, you leave the antenna pointed up and just close the eggshell-foam top? I've been trying to figure out a solution for carrying around
yep by recessing the controller storage area to be deeper, the antennas are only just higher than the recessed hole and not an issue to close the eggshell foam top

Here is the reply from Feelworld:

Screenshot 2022-07-12 043437.jpg

Ill check when i get to work tomorrow. May be a setting somewhere

I don't know as it is currently being shipped.
Hearing the battery warnings is not such a big issue as I always closely monitor that. However; if I can't hear the OA warnings, I'll send it back.
Hard to believe you would make an HDMI monitor with headphone only for sound out.

Does using the Mini HDMI outport on the RC Pro for the FeelWorld also disable the normal speaker audio coming from the RC Pro?

Yes. It disables the sound from the remote with no option to change audio output from the HDMI. Perhaps DJI will be able to offer that feature in the future, but I'm not holding my breath on anytime soon.

Meanwhile, this seems to be a decent solution (albeit not perfect0

Mini Portable Speaker Option (YouTube)
AMAZON LINK

Last edited:
Reactions: PAW and GadgetGuy
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member