DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Few questions ?

7amanian

Reactions
Hello Mavic Pilots
I have few questions to ask you guys and looking for answers. (thanks in advance)

1- I went to fly with my friend and my batteries ran out ? however my friend saved a route for a hyperlaps. Is it possible that he can share with me the hyperlaps? And how?
2- in our UAE ?? we don't have much accessories in drone shops ( only couple) and am looking to buy few stuff like lights cubes with adapter for my MA2. I found many online ( which is the best way to order) but wanted to know if you guys can recommend a website or a shop.
3- I have got one warning message once which says aircraft interference and GNSS something and that affect the RTH although it's a place to fly the drone and in one of the recommended zones. Yes felt a little bit of struggle to get the drone back but couldn't take the footage that I was expecting..... Any idea?

4- we are getting closer to fog season, many people take their drone in fog to take awesome footage, is that safe?

Thanks alot in advance ?

Hello Mavic Pilots
I have few questions to ask you guys and looking for answers. (thanks in advance)

1- I went to fly with my friend and my batteries ran out ? however my friend saved a route for a hyperlaps. Is it possible that he can share with me the hyperlaps? And how?
2- in our UAE ?? we don't have much accessories in drone shops ( only couple) and am looking to buy few stuff like lights cubes with adapter for my MA2. I found many online ( which is the best way to order) but wanted to know if you guys can recommend a website or a shop.
3- I have got one warning message once which says aircraft interference and GNSS something and that affect the RTH although it's a place to fly the drone and in one of the recommended zones. Yes felt a little bit of struggle to get the drone back but couldn't take the footage that I was expecting..... Any idea?

4- we are getting closer to fog season, many people take their drone in fog to take awesome footage, is that safe?

Thanks alot in advance ?
Re - fog: maintain visual contact with your drone and don’t get it wet (it is electric).

Reactions: 7amanian
Hello Mavic Pilots

Thanks alot in advance ?
#1 - what drone were you flying if one. Don't think there is a way to transfer any settings in one drone to another - if that is the real question.

#2 - no specific shops on line for me.

#3 - no idea what GNSS is, but may be GPS, which would put your drone into ATTI mode - which is full manual because it has no satellite lock or enough to keep it in position - like when hovering. In ATTI - the drone will move all over depending on wind / etc as there is no GPS to keep it steady.

Always, always, always make sure you have enough GPS signals or the drone will be very hard to control - as you found out. Download some apps like UAVForecast / Aloft / etc to verify GPS satellite condition where you will be flying - as it can change. If under 10 satellites - highly suggest not flying unless you want to to fly in ATTI or full manual mode. But, be ready for anything to happen.

#4 - see no major issues flying in fog, yet I'd try to stay away from thick stuff as all sensors will shut down / be ineffective, may get some water in motors, no VLOS at all, and more.

3- I have got one warning message once which says aircraft interference and GNSS something and that affect the RTH although it's a place to fly the drone and in one of the recommended zones.
Instead of guessing what messages you saw, post your flight data, which will show exactly what messages were on your screen.

#3 - no idea what GNSS is, but may be GPS,
GNSS is what people mean when they say GPS
Download some apps like UAVForecast / Aloft / etc to verify GPS satellite condition where you will be flying - as it can change. If under 10 satellite.
There's no need at all to check an app for GPS satellite status.
Wherever you fly and whatever time of day, there will always be many more sats than you need.

Instead of guessing what messages you saw, post your flight data, which will show exactly what messages were on your screen.
Thanks alot here you go ?

Attachments

• 16258495645257786575898378866783.jpg
    16258495645257786575898378866783.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 16
GNSS is what people mean when they say GPS

There's no need at all to check an app for GPS satellite status.
Wherever you fly and whatever time of day, there will always be many more sats than you need.
Thanks, I got good number on my sats 16 when that appeared.

Re - fog: maintain visual contact with your drone and don’t get it wet (it is electric).
Thanks for the tip, I actually spoke to few people and what they say they go as fast as they can to reach above the fog and do the same when return.

#1 - what drone were you flying if one. Don't think there is a way to transfer any settings in one drone to another - if that is the real question.

#2 - no specific shops on line for me.

#3 - no idea what GNSS is, but may be GPS, which would put your drone into ATTI mode - which is full manual because it has no satellite lock or enough to keep it in position - like when hovering. In ATTI - the drone will move all over depending on wind / etc as there is no GPS to keep it steady.

Always, always, always make sure you have enough GPS signals or the drone will be very hard to control - as you found out. Download some apps like UAVForecast / Aloft / etc to verify GPS satellite condition where you will be flying - as it can change. If under 10 satellites - highly suggest not flying unless you want to to fly in ATTI or full manual mode. But, be ready for anything to happen.

#4 - see no major issues flying in fog, yet I'd try to stay away from thick stuff as all sensors will shut down / be ineffective, may get some water in motors, no VLOS at all, and more.
Thanks alot, I fly Mavic Air 2.

I guess I will try my luck with any online shop ? hopefully they have COD

I use Windy but I will check the UAVforcast ????

Thanks, I got good number on my sats 16 when that appeared.
That message is very uncommon.
It suggests something nearby was interfering with GPS satellite signals.

The message was alerting you to a problem with the GPS data the flight controller was receiving - not the number of satellites.
The flight controller thought it detected a problem with the location data it was getting.
Without seeing the actual recorded flight data, I don't know if it was a minor glitch that only lasted a second or something more serious.
The RTH feature can only work when there is accurate GPS data.

The message was alerting you to a problem with the GPS data the flight controller was receiving - not the number of satellites.
The flight controller thought it detected a problem with the location data it was getting.
Without seeing the actual recorded flight data, I don't know if it was a minor glitch that only lasted a second or something more serious.
I am trying to export the flight data.

A friend of mine went to the same location and same warning message popped up.

Once I have it I will upload it ?? Thanks a million

Apologize for the late response but here is the flight log.

you can navigate directly to minute 5:57 to see the message.

Aircraft GPS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or reutrn to home promptly (Code 30245).; OAircraft GNSS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or RTH promptly.

Attachments

• DJIFlightRecord_2021-06-30_[18-17-35].txt
    2.8 MB · Views: 3
Aircraft GPS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or reutrn to home promptly (Code 30245).; OAircraft GNSS interference. Aircraft unable to fly stably. Land or RTH promptly.
Your drone was flying along 430 ft up with 14-16 sats.
At 552.2 seconds the sat numbers started falling.
AT 354.4 sec it was down to 7 sats and GPS Health had fallen below 4/5, which meant the location data was unreliable.
Eight seconds later, GPS numbers were back in the normal range and the flight controller was satisfied that the position data was OK again.for the rest of the flight.

The warning message was related to a genuine GPS issue, but what might have caused it isn't clear.

The number of sats visible in your sky at the time wouldn't have dropped.
The most likely explanation I can think of is a temporary glitch with the drone's GPS receiver.
If you don't see similar things in future flights, it's probably all fine.

Thank you so much for your Comment. I checked with another drone owner and he flew in the same location and hight and he got the same message. Apparently everyone who flew there just get the same warning and turns out there is a jammer....

All is fine, never got any terrifying messages yet other than RC lost signal ?.

Thank you

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BHU