DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Field monitor

AnzacJack

Australian Defence Veteran
Reactions
Wondering if anyone is using decent sized field monitor that has hdmi in and its own internal power supply. Probably something bigger that 12”.
I have been using a large monitor with an external, portable 240v system, but something a bit more portable that could sit on a tripod would be ideal for the mav
CheersA791E7BE-3120-4855-8EEE-57F877D9BFCA.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: Thomas B
Wondering if anyone is using decent sized field monitor that has hdmi in and its own internal power supply. Probably something bigger that 12”.
I have been using a large monitor with an external, portable 240v system, but something a bit more portable that could sit on a tripod would be ideal for the mav
CheersView attachment 63474

I think you’d be better off in the “InspirePilots” section. Us “MavicPilots” only just recently got the ability to hdmi our to a monitor and not that many people even have the remote required to do this yet.

Reactions: AnzacJack
CheersView attachment 63474

I am using a Monitor from Blackmagic. They are available only in 5” or 7” size. But are exactly what you want to achive.
Blackmagic Video Assist | Blackmagic Design

I’m just looking at a monitor for others to look at while the drone is operating. I do a lot of demos etc at retirement homes and in junior schools and it’s been great having the extra view screen. But with my more portable mavics, it would be nicer to not have to lug around such a big screen.
I’ve been using The Mavic with the HDMI out of my crystal sky for quite a while and I’m sure others are ping it. Now with the smart controller it seems like I need to upgrade my extra screen.
I was hoping I’d be able to wireless “Cast”to my iPad Pro which I could mount, but I can’t seem to get this to work

I am using a Monitor from Blackmagic. They are available only in 5” or 7” size. But are exactly what you want to achive.
Blackmagic Video Assist | Blackmagic Design

Ok I get what you are doing here but the Mavic only sends at best a 1080p transmission back to the remote (and not a high quality 1080p) why would you use a 5 or 7 inch production monitor that has to be connected to a remote that already has a 5.5” crystal sky integrated into it which already can record that LQ 1080p feed to an as if you really want it? Just curious

7CC6716B-8423-4768-8111-6F41B295DBFA.jpegLike I said, been doing this for some time with The Mavic range of drones.
Definitely not looking for a 5 or 7 inch solution.
Like I said in first post, ideally something upwards from 12” with its own power supply.

I’m just looking at a monitor for others to look at while the drone is operating. I do a lot of demos etc at retirement homes and in junior schools and it’s been great having the extra view screen. But with my more portable mavics, it would be nicer to not have to lug around such a big screen.
I’ve been using The Mavic with the HDMI out of my crystal sky for quite a while and I’m sure others are ping it. Now with the smart controller it seems like I need to upgrade my extra screen.
I was hoping I’d be able to wireless “Cast”to my iPad Pro which I could mount, but I can’t seem to get this to work

Ahh gotcha! If you figure it out let me know! It’s a shame that I don’t even think the iPad will accept a wired input.

Ahh ok I get it. It’s a shame there’s no way to get the iPad to work. I think he’s onto something with the Blackmagic monitor. ^ I can’t think of another screen with its own power supply for less than $500. Seems like extreme over kill but at least it has other uses

Sorry I keep entering my reply right after you do so looks like I ignored your last post when I reply which isn’t the case I just haven’t seen it yet lol

Ok I get what you are doing here but the Mavic only sends at best a 1080p transmission back to the remote (and not a high quality 1080p) why would you use a 5 or 7 inch production monitor that has to be connected to a remote that already has a 5.5” crystal sky integrated into it which already can record that LQ 1080p feed to an as if you really want it? Just curious
- having a monitor which can be easily deployed in a production environment with more than 1 specific use case
(e.g. a director's monitor, a control monitor for DSLR and a Ronin)
- can be mounted on a tripod
- is powered by 2 LP-E6 batteries
- Has HDMI and SDI IN&OUT
- Can record footage on a SD card

Reactions: brett8883

Just be on the look out cause that one doesn’t have the built in battery. It’s powered by usb, though so you could just get one of those USB power banks and you still wouldn’t have to lug around those power inverters (that looks brutal) and you have plenty of other things that are charged with USB in that set up anyway. Just wanted to point that out since you specified you wanted a powered monitor

Thanks, I did notice that. But I do have a good sized power bank that would run it, and yes, much better alternative to portable 240v

Reactions: brett8883
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gadget61