DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filenames of videos causes mini to freeze after initialization

dezbot

Reactions
I just went to fly the mini and I could not get it to pair. It was working fine the 12 hours prior. After turning on the mini it would beep and go through the init cycle but then the LEDs would just blink between green and red, one second blinks each. The manual does not call out what this blink pattern means: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en_1.pdf

As part of the troubleshooting I took out the memory card before powering on and voila it was able to init and sync with the controller. Put the card back in, same green-red blink cycle.

I deleted (not a format) all the files on the memory card using my computer and the problem went away, the mini is back to normal. My hunch is that that I had renamed some of the files on the memory card when I was reviewing them the day prior and some of the files name I gave had spaces in them, ie, "goose attack dog.MP4" . Does the mini freakout if it finds file names with spaces or over certain lengths in the DCIM folder it creates?

I'm wondering if anyone else has seen this behavior?

-DB

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Schmidteh121