DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Files

NLOL

Reactions
I can't find the Hyperlapse Task file. Heck, I can't find much in the way files on either of my ac or the mobile device.

Is there somewhere I can find a list of all the files, their paths, descriptions, etc?

Hyperlapse task library - waypoints: perhaps I'm poorly expressing my question. I'm surprised in the lack of interest/response to this topic. There's another post and video sshowing how a drone operator can access/use the library.

I'm looking to directly/programmatically access the library. If I could find the dang thing I could edit it - no need.to wait for the SDK and Litchi to create waypoint missions.

If you are looking for how to access the "Task Library" in the Fly app, here's a short video. The white dots indicate where and when I tap the screen.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The following is for Android OS.
If you are looking for the actual files used for each hyperlapse waypoint saved task you will find them under - DJI/dji.go.v5/hyperlapse/. Within this folder are other folders with the prefix "Hyperlapse_Path_" followed by a unique ID. Each of these folders represents an entry in the "Task Library". Within the "Hyperlapse_Path_" folder is a "json" file and then additional files for each defined waypoint for the mission. The "json" file is the only text file, each of the waypoint files are binaries. Without knowing the layouts of the files and Task Library system it would be very difficult to reverse engineer and develop a way to add/edit "Task Library" entries outside of the Fly app.

Reactions: tiwag
Pappy - thanks muchly.

Makes me feel dumb when I saw those .go paths I figured they were vestiges of the go fly app I downloaded in my newbie over enthusiasm.

As to 'binary' - well, ultimately, everything is;) There's no reason to think that file is other than 'simple' ie no encrypted or novel coding to create reading/editing difficulties.

There's no reason to think that file is other than 'simple' ie no encrypted or novel coding to create reading/editing difficulties.
Text files typically only have hex values up 7F as the 8th bit is never set. This is the case with the "json" file. Each waypoint file is a true binary file having hex values from 00 to FF. The screen capture below is a hex view of one of the waypoint files. As you can see without knowing the internal structure of a waypoint file, you are going to have a very difficult time to create or modify this type of file.
1598044788467.png

Is there a way to do what was done in the video on an IOS device?

Is there a way to do what was done in the video on an IOS device?
If you are talking about the "Task Library", then yes it should be available on iOS.

If you are talking about the "Task Library", then yes it should be available on iOS.

But how does it get enabled? I can't access it like shown in the video. That little icon on the left to call up the saved waypoints doesn't exist.

But how does it get enabled? I can't access it like shown in the video. That little icon on the left to call up the saved waypoints doesn't exist.
I don't have an iOS device, but I read from other posts when features do not show up to uninstall and then reinstall and sometimes that will fix it. Also, The Task library will more than likely require Fly app version 1.1.6 and Firmware V01.00.00340.

Text files typically only have hex values up 7F as the 8th bit is never set. This is the case with the "json" file. Each waypoint file is a true binary file having hex values from 00 to FF. The screen capture below is a hex view of one of the waypoint files. As you can see without knowing the internal structure of a waypoint file, you are going to have a very difficult time to create or modify this type of file.
View attachment 111209
Hey Pappy... I know this post is a little old, but the information is still good. I'm looking to find and work with the saved hyper lapse waypoint files, hence my interest in this post.

First a little clarification - Text files display 'text' in ASCII and the English language uses, for the most part, the first half of the table that ends with hex 7F, as you note, which is the "Del" key signal, and has a binary value of 0111 1111. All the hex values up to 7F have the eighth bit as zero (decimal values 0-127 lower ASCII). It isn't that the 8th bit isn't set or present, it is simply zero. The moment you use any character above 7F, that eighth bit becomes a one. A text file can and often does contain a character from the upper half or extended ASCII value set. If I used the word touché and spelled it correctly and saved it in a text file, the e with the accent is found in the upper half and is hex E9, which has a decimal value of 233 (falls in range of 128 - 255, which is extended ASCII). Hex E9 has a binary value of 1110 1001. So the 8th bit is one, not a zero and can clearly be used in a valid text file.

To further confuse things, DJI stores some configuration files with a "txt" file extension, but in reality they are binary plist files on the iOS side, and most likely XML files in Android. Security through obfuscation, perhaps? No real need for it, but that's DJI.

First, I don't mind working in hex and was hoping to get some information here that would help me understand the storage format. I was expecting a hex view of a waypoint file, but the screenshot above is the hex view of not a waypoint file, but rather of a PNG file. For sure, hex 89 50 4E 47 is the file signature of a PNG image file and you can see PNG is ASCII as the 2nd, 3rd, and 4th values in the signature. Do you still have the waypoint file, by chance, that you could share. I'm looking for JSON or waypoint files relating to my saved hyper lapse waypoint files in my DJI Fly files and I don't see them at all. I'm using iOS v1.6.4. Any information you can share I would much appreciate.

Best...

Steve

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stitch69