DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Filters for Mavic Pro

Rojillio Santoro

Reactions
I really like the saturated colors my Polorpro PL filter creates the Spark. For the Mavic Pro I'd like to get some ND/PL filters so I can get polarized color and the ability to reduce the shutter speed to 1/60 sec in bright sun. I should probably also have ND filters in case I ever outgrow that love of saturated colors. I'm considering these:

PolarPro Cinema Series Filter 6-Pack (ND4, ND8, ND16, ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL) for DJI Mavic Pro/Mavic Platinum

But would having straight ND filters in addition to the ND/PL be redundant since rotating an ND/PL filter 90 degrees effectively create an ND filter?

Will the ND16/PL be sufficient for bright sun or should I have an ND32/PL or even ND64/PL?

SANDMARC Pro Plus Filters for DJI Mavic 2 Zoom (6-Pack) - PL, ND4/PL, ND8/PL, ND16/PL, ND32/PL & ND64/PL Filter Set

Last edited:
...But would having straight ND filters in addition to the ND/PL be redundant since rotating an ND/PL filter 90 degrees effectively create an ND filter?

Will the ND16/PL be sufficient for bright sun or should I have an ND32/PL or even ND64/PL?
PL filters do not work well recording video, unless your angle to the sun does not change throughout the video. If you yaw much at all the sky especially will change and be very noticeable.

ND16 may be enough depending on what you are recording. If a bright beach or snow then 32 or 64 may be necessary.

8,16 ND and ND/PL should be fine depends on price/kit ?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore