DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

FINALLY! 199g FlyMore Combo

SpinRush

Reactions
It’s here! The one month wait is over. Can’t wait to try this thing out this weekend.

Attachments

• E222DB71-B906-45B9-8164-6D2A1EE68F0E.jpeg
    E222DB71-B906-45B9-8164-6D2A1EE68F0E.jpeg
    2.4 MB · Views: 231
steady on dont get light headed stick the prop guards on and see if it is still under the 250 g limit i like the way they call it an ultra light

Reactions: JS1600
its a mini minus
I actually wouldn't mind a mini plus - or larger battery variant for those of us who dont mind being over the 250g threshold and want longer flight times with say 3000mAh or 3500mAh 18650 cells without having to resort to 3rd party hacks.

Might only be a few extra mins of flight but that might mean the difference between the quad getting home in a headwind (or not).

I recall they released higher capacity batteries when the P4P dropped, maybe something they can release in the future.

Congrats! Can you make a photo of battery and battery compartment?

we know which version he has, he was merely telling us that it had arrived ,we dont need any pics of anything ,it is exactly the same as any other MM ,the main difference is the fact it has a battery that is 50% lighter than our batteries, to put it under the weight limit for Japan and the fact that the max flight time is quoted at 18 mins because the battery has a lower mAh rating

we know which version he has, he was merely telling us that it had arrived ,we dont need any pics of anything ,it is exactly the same as any other MM ,the main difference is the fact it has a battery that is 50% lighter than our batteries, to put it under the weight limit for Japan and the fact that the max flight time is quoted at 18 mins because the battery has a lower mAh rating

There is some rumors that battery is different not only by capacity, but physically

There is some rumors that battery is different not only by capacity, but physically
its physical dimensions are the same its a two cell lipo as opposed to Li-ion in other versions

Reactions: Piranha
I know that JP version haz lipo inside, but to be sure about dimensions I asking for the picture;)

Okay guys. Here's an update. I haven’t flown the Mavic MINI ( JPN version ) yet, but it’s going up in the air this weekend.

Also, about the battery issue. The batteries for the U.S and Japan are physically the same size, but the power ( cells ) are different.

I attempted to order the 2k U.S version through Amazon.com. It was also listed on Amazon.co.jp. However, 2 or 3 weeks later, I received a notice from the Seller, that they were forced to cancel the order and issue a refund. They will NOT export the U.S version battery if they can help it.

With that said, I will mostly likely not be able to confirm whether that 2.3 battery will operate the Japanese version. I’m confident that it will work. I’m also confident that the Japanese battery will work in the U.S version, but who would want that.

Sad story, right? Okay, here’s a pic of my current fleet.

Now, I just need a S.H.I.E.L.D flying aircraft carrier that my drones can land on while in flight.

Attachments

• 6A242145-CAF4-45E0-B250-6829C740012B.jpeg
    6A242145-CAF4-45E0-B250-6829C740012B.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 90
All I can tell you is that the U.S battery weighs more.
A great photo or video is 9 times out of 10 about opportunity. The bureaucracy here is like drinking vinegar. You can’t plan 3 weeks in advance for a sunny day. If you have an event you are certain is going to happen then file an application.
If it’s just casual flight you’re pursuing then you are better off with the Mavic Mini which is considered an ultra light.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
Yes understood.
I just think as a commercial enterprise , there is no logical reason to withhold both batteries for unrestricted sale worldwide, as if wanting to use the higher spec battery in Japan (for example) it’d just be like using any other drone weighing 200gm or more.
The benefits of sub category drones on countries like Japan are obvious.

the problem with selling the bigger capacity battery in Japan, is merely down to the weight difference between the 2,50g or 100g,and the fact that the weight of the drone is a selling point to comply with the rules in different countries,its no different than the different radio transmission powers in different parts of the world,while i agree that if a 100g battery was fitted to a Japan spec drone, it would not fall under their weight restrictions, they are not allowing the chance of that happening, by preventing the sale or import of such batteries, with all the differences that DJI have had to make for different parts of the world with this MM its clear that the law makers are having an effect on drone use and sales worldwide ,and in the future there may be further restrictions in the pipeline

I bet the issue is that the weight is prominently on the AC and they don't want people to sneak their way past the regulations with a heavier aircraft than labeled.

I bet the issue is that the weight is prominently on the AC and they don't want people to sneak their way past the regulations with a heavier aircraft than labeled.
Where there is a will, there is a way! I can just see Americans trying to smuggle in the 100g batteries to try and pay for their trip to China, and getting arrested! Should be hot sellers on the Chinese black market!

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fbri7