DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finally! Mavic Air 2 is supported.

Gadgetdude

Reactions
I am in Beijing China and just turned on my controller to check some settings out on my Mavic 2 Zoom. The message popped up that new firmware was available and started downloading. When I realized it was for support of Mavic Air 2 I think the people in the sky rise next to me could here me shout with excitement!

Attachments

• 4D7913CD-9C62-4CF3-B0CA-DEF46D2378D6.jpeg
    4D7913CD-9C62-4CF3-B0CA-DEF46D2378D6.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 87
Check out the zoom feature for the MA2. Thumbswayup

Oops. ?

I realized it is support for the Smart Controller, which I don't have.

Good for those that own one. :)

Last edited:
I am in Beijing China and just turned on my controller to check some settings out on my Mavic 2 Zoom. The message popped up that new firmware was available and started downloading. When I realized it was for support of Mavic Air 2 I think the people in the sky rise next to me could here me shout with excitement!

Nice to meet somebody on here also in China. :) I just left Beijing earlier this summer.

I only bought my MA2 at the weekend, I guess you have to travel outside Beijing to fly? I think everything within the 6th ring in Beijing is a no-fly zone.

Also, can somebody explain to me what the hype is about? What can the smart controller do that the MA2 controller cannot? I know it comes with a display, but it's not like I don't carry my phone everywhere anyway...

Nice to meet somebody on here also in China. :) I just left Beijing earlier this summer.

I only bought my MA2 at the weekend, I guess you have to travel outside Beijing to fly? I think everything within the 6th ring in Beijing is a no-fly zone.

Also, can somebody explain to me what the hype is about? What can the smart controller do that the MA2 controller cannot? I know it comes with a display, but it's not like I don't carry my phone everywhere anyway...
You are correct, no flying within the 6th ring road. I often take weekend trips outside the area to fly. Heading to Sanya tomorrow to fly for the weekend.

The Smart Controller is really a personal preference for people. For me, I love it because its all one unit and the screen is super bright and crystal clear. With my iPhone I had to have a sun shade on it to see during the day flying. With the Smart Controller, you can see the screen in the brightest of situations. I also like that it is all one unit. I don’t have to worry about my IPhone being charged or connecting it each time or getting calls while I am flying. I also really like the feel of the Smart Controller in my hands. It feels weighty and good grip. And now that it controls the Mavic Air 2, I only need to travel with ONE control. Awesome!

You are correct, no flying within the 6th ring road. I often take weekend trips outside the area to fly. Heading to Sanya tomorrow to fly for the weekend.

The Smart Controller is really a personal preference for people. For me, I love it because its all one unit and the screen is super bright and crystal clear. With my iPhone I had to have a sun shade on it to see during the day flying. With the Smart Controller, you can see the screen in the brightest of situations. I also like that it is all one unit. I don’t have to worry about my IPhone being charged or connecting it each time or getting calls while I am flying. I also really like the feel of the Smart Controller in my hands. It feels weighty and good grip. And now that it controls the Mavic Air 2, I only need to travel with ONE control. Awesome!

Nice, I transited at Sanya airport last year. It looked beautiful from the air (plane) but I didn't have time to explore. Enjoy your trip!

Nice! Is the DJI Fly App "pre-installed" after the update or does it need a separate installation? In case of a separate installation, just install the apk package from the DJI website (DJI Fly- DJI Download Center- DJI) and it will be automatically updated in the future? :cool:

i got to 99% a couple time. now it says im on the latest version even though im not. update seems to have disappeared.

OK so i rebooted 2 more times and the update showed up. i took my sd card out cleared and files not needed internally and started the install with assistant 2.

it took quite awhile to complete but all is working correctly.

test flight went perfect EXCEPT no maps.

Hopefully its nothing.

Nice! Is the DJI Fly App "pre-installed" after the update or does it need a separate installation? In case of a separate installation, just install the apk package from the DJI website (DJI Fly- DJI Download Center- DJI) and it will be automatically updated in the future? :cool:

The SC is not like a standard device, it's updates are in a complete system module, not a App like update. Also the SC is 32 bit Android 7. The Fly App is installed within the new module of update. You cannot side load the Fly App for android on the SC as it presently is a 64 bit only. So the SC has it's own customized version of a 32 bit Fly App. And to further, the only time the Fly App will be updated for the SC is when it's a all inn one update. So don't expect when they release a update for Android and iOS that a SC update will be in that time frame..normally weeks if not months behind, so no auto update.

OK so i rebooted 2 more times and the update showed up. i took my sd card out cleared and files not needed internally and started the install with assistant 2.

it took quite awhile to complete but all is working correctly.

test flight went perfect EXCEPT no maps.

Hopefully its nothing.
Stupid question. Which files? I have nothing on my SC and I have insufficient memory?

Stupid question. Which files? I have nothing on my SC and I have insufficient memory?
HI I have tried 5 times trying to load this new update but it won't go past 99percent download either of my computer or direct to sc I don't understand what the problem is maybe to busy on the network!

For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:
1- reset everything to factory deleting all data
2- Do NOT connect the WIFI because the smart controller will try to download the large update and will fill the memory again.
3- use DJI Assistance for Mavic 2 to perform the update.
4- Even with this, I had to keep tapping the Smart Controller Screen every 1 or 2 minutes, other wise will go in sleep mode and you have to start over.
5- In order to bind the Mavic Air 2 after the update you need to add MA2 in Aircraft Management, wait until ask for be pair and with the MA2 on hold the power bottom for about 4 seconds and will pair without issues.

I learn this after 2 hours trying to update until finally I got it.
I flew 3 batteries already and seen to be everything in perfect order with the firmware and how the aircraft perform. I notice has the same range than the original controller so is time for me to install the Allientech Duo II in the Smart Controller. Is sitting in my chair :)

For those who are stock in 99% with no space available error, the only solution i found was:
2- Do NOT connect the WIFI because the smart controller will try to download the large update and will fill the memory again.
4- Even with this, I had to keep tapping the Smart Controller Screen every 1 or 2 minutes, other wise will go in sleep mode and you have to start over.
5- In order to bind the Mavic Air 2 after the update you need to add MA2 in Aircraft Management, wait until ask for be pair and with the MA2 on hold the power bottom for about 4 seconds and will pair without issues.

I flew 3 batteries already and seen to be everything in perfect order with the firmware and how the aircraft perform. I notice has the same range than the original controller so is time for me to install the Allientech Duo II in the Smart Controller. Is sitting in my chair :)

ill add to your post by saying that when binding it tells you to press the button on the bottom of the mavic air 2. You have to press the battery button.

Odd, I connected to Asst. 2 began update. It got to 98% and said it was going to reboot which it did several times. On last reboot got a 100% complete on PC and App gave me a new opening screen with MA2, M2P and M2Z. I selected my M2Z and it told me to press binding button..I did and it booted right to Go 4 camera view. No issues. One try. Who Knows what causes issues???

I know it used to be the norm to remove SC SDCard if equipped/inserted. That and clear cache for memory. This is only my second update and no issues on either using Asst. 2 :)

Odd, I connected to Asst. 2 began update. It got to 98% and said it was going to reboot which it did several times. On last reboot got a 100% complete on PC and App gave me a new opening screen with MA2, M2P and M2Z. I selected my M2Z and it told me to press binding button..I did and it booted right to Go 4 camera view. No issues. One try. Who Knows???

I am not sure but I guess will boot in the last bird you fly. Mine is booting in DJI Fly automatically. I guess if i switch to the M2P will boot automatically in DJI 4 Go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tariqstudio