DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Finaly arrived ;-) Backpack for unfolded Mavic

omnimodeus

Reactions
I absolutly love it! After some cutting with skalpel all of my equipment (well most off it) finaly in one place. There is inside pocket with velcro and outer pocket with zip.
One the each side off backpack are nets large enough to fit 5-6".
26$ on ebay.
I think my Fly more bag is going to pension
Foam is strong and in layers so you can cut layer by layer. Backpack material looking waterprof.

Oh happy days ;-)IMG_20181113_000536.jpegIMG_20181113_000526.jpegIMG_20181112_233813.jpegIMG_20181112_233605.jpeg2018-11-13%2000%3A04%3A16.jpegScreenshot_2018-11-12-19-36-07-295_com.ebay.mobile_1_1.jpegScreenshot_2018-11-12-19-35-57-273_com.ebay.mobile_1.jpegScreenshot_2018-11-12-19-36-11-136_com.ebay.mobile_1.jpeg

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: genesimmons
I almost bought one of those a while back

How long did it take to arrive?

Maybe a dumb question, why not fold it? Having this backpack makes no sense to me.

Only advantage I can see is quicker setup and tear down time when preparing for or concluding flight. I dont mind having to unfold and refold the Mavic if I can get it into a much smaller case/bag.

Reactions: sparkorc
Only advantage I can see is quicker setup and tear down time when preparing for or concluding flight. I dont mind having to unfold and refold the Mavic if I can get it into a much smaller case/bag.
I can fold or unfold in 30 seconds or less. If you're in that big of a hurry, there's a chance you can make a mistake which possibly might not end well.

ok...i try to explain, sorry in advance for bad english
Steps with Fly more bag:
Open bag
Take out remote controller (in case)
Take out remote controller from case
Take Mavic out of bag
Remove first prop holder
Remove second prop holder
Remove rubber cover from Gimbal Dome cover
Remove Dome cover (2 in 1 gimbal clamp and cover)
Unfold Mavic
Put Landing gear on Mavic (optional)
Ready to fly

in case of need for sd card port or usb port repeat steps above.

Steps with backpack:
Open backpack
Take out controller
Take out Mavic
Remove Dome cover 2 in 1
Remove Landing gear (optional)
Ready to fly

Also, all of my equipment is in there (except Goggles). Looks like regular backpack, nothing too big. Very comfortable straps on the backpack.
Foam is hard and in layers so you can easily cut for new equipment. So far in backpack: Mavic with props on, 4 batteries, 4 backup props, car charger, remote controller, landing gear, gimbal clamp, 2 usb cables, ND filters, wiping clothes, Gimbal sunshade, Tablet 7", Sunhood for tablet 7", Landing pad, Remote controller clasp with straps.
And have plenty more space in inner and outer pockets. There is 2 side pockets nets which are currently empty.

First i cut foam to fullfill my needs. Then i buyed silicone spray for finish without stickiness. Now is even better.
I really enjoy when i open backpack and look at it. ;-)

shipping was like 2 or 3 weeks

The M2 removes a lot of steps from your list and prop guards are optional in any event :).

It is a nice case though - would be useful it driving somewhere and you passed a likely spot and just wanted to whip it out. You could get the drone up quickly too ;)

The M2 removes a lot of steps from your list and prop guards are optional in any event :).

It is a nice case though - would be useful it driving somewhere and you passed a likely spot and just wanted to whip it out. You could get the drone up quickly too ;)
i don't understand what is M2? Mavic 2?
Steps with Mavic 2 will be same as MP1

Not prop guards but prop holders.

and remote controller is in separate case (picture 3)

all that work is gone now. And there is no need to check that props are secured any more.maxresdefault.jpegmedium_1b80f361-8e2a-422c-92fa-89751045b0cc.jpegMavic-Pro-remote-controller-carrying-bag-storage-bag-hard-shell-case-liner-box-for-DJI.jpg_64...jpeg

No because the remote is not in a separate case and prop guards / holders / whatever you want to call them are entirely optional.

We’re probably talking 30-40 seconds difference in time to get ready to launch if that.

I personaly do not see the point in a big case the best part of the mavic pro is its compact size and easy to transport in a small case, the case I use is just a shoulder case and carrys everything I need for a days flying, all my other drones a phantom, yuneec typhoon H all require backpacks to carry them consequently they never get used now since purchasing the MPP, its just so easy to hike of anywhere without having to have a backpack on your back especially during the hot summer months.

Reactions: BobDoLe
you all want to spoil my happiness ;-)
i like it...thats all it matters

Totally agree! YOU have to be happy and no one else. My case is HUGE but I like the protection it affords as I take my drone to construction sites every day.

Nice bag btw, I spend a long while trying to find one that met my needs, I looked at ones like yours, but in the end went with a Lykus which allowed me to leave ipad 9.7 attached to the rc and the mavic folded, whilst still fitting in a carry on flight bag if I needed. I reasoned that for me it took more time to assemble the Rc than the mavic.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KevinStudent