DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fire Department requires a submission for permit to authorize the use of Drones?

Skyryder

Reactions
I was searching to see if a local city had any Drone ordinances the other day. Most of it pointed back to fallowing FAA guidelines but oddly, one doc that came up was one written in 2019 from the Fire Department of all things. It looks like it's mainly for Hollywood type filming, ask for production company name, etc. But it concerns me because it does say "Fire Department requires a submission for permit to authorize the use of Drones" in the very first sentence but no ordinance number but a drone permit number instead. There is no stipulation that it only pertains to commercial filming. Is this overly broad, am I being paranoid? Could the city say I am in violation even as recreational pilot?

Recreational isn’t anywhere close to“Hollywood“filming. Many large cities have requirements involving large gatherings to notify the local F.D. for safety reasons.
Yes, a bit too heavy on the paranoid thing.

Reactions: John Lueck
Can you please post a link to the permit. I'll look into it.

I think all it could mean is you can’t go onto a Fire Dept. Property and launch a drone. They have zero control over the air if you launch from a public place. Zero.

Pretty clear it is intended for film crews applying for a filming permit.

"Please allow up to seven (7) business days for the CFC to process requests for film permits that include the use of drones, and be aware that the process will not begin until all required documentation has been submitted. "

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliyindian