DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firehouse ARC V strobe on belly of Air 2S

PAW

Premium Pilot
Reactions
Checked the forums and was unable to find a photo of a successful mounting of the Firehouse ARC V strobe on the bottom of the Air 2S. I checked Aerial-Pixel from whom I got a nice set of landing leg mounts for my M2P but was unable to find a belly mount for the ARC V on the Air 2S.
Anyone have a photo they can post of a belly position to mount the ARC V that does not conflict with the bottom sensors of the Air 2S?

If not I may have to go with the rear mounting location that some have posted in the past.
Thanks

I'm looking at mine and the only place I can really see is over the logo just behind the gimbal. It will be a tight fit. Use some dual lock or something to hold it in place. I have mine on the top between the "upward" sensors. I assume you want one on the bottom to make it easier for you to see at night. Bottom is not a good place for the light requirement since its meant for aircraft above and away to spot you. You might also place it over the aux light on the bottom between the two downward sensors.

Reactions: katana2801
Thanks, really would like to mount it on the belly though.
I don't see any way to mount an Arc V on the belly of an A2S though, but that's just me. I specifically bought an extra Arc V to mount it under my A2S facing downward so that I can spot it from below, but could not find a single way without blocking one or more sensors. Can you explain your concept of belly mounting? Really would be helpful for me.

I have been wondering why someone does not come up with a lens / prism for the auxillary light. There is an aftermarket reflector for the the auxillary light of the Mavic 2 but it is quite cumbersome.
I haven't used the reflector at distance but did make the mistake, once, of switching the light on at night and fairly close, it was blinding, obviously it is very directional.

Alternatively, an L shaped bracket or a triangle of 'foam' attached to the rear face of the drone.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't see any way to mount an Arc V on the belly of an A2S though, but that's just me. I specifically bought an extra Arc V to mount it under my A2S facing downward so that I can spot it from below, but could not find a single way without blocking one or more sensors. Can you explain your concept of belly mounting? Really would be helpful for me.
I use this same mount and light on the rear leg facing downward. Works pretty well! I also prefer the underbelly but there’s no room for the strobe except possibly over the DJI logo just behind the gimbal. But that area gets so hot I wouldn’t trust a Velcro strip to stay in place during flight!

I use this same mount and light on the rear leg facing downward. Works pretty well! I also prefer the underbelly but there’s no room for the strobe except possibly over the DJI logo just behind the gimbal. But that area gets so hot I wouldn’t trust a Velcro strip to stay in place during flight!
I am still uncertain about mounting the down-facing Arc V. Someone on youtube showed a place to mount an Arc V between the two rear vision sensors somehow. But that space is just too tight and I don't want a light source sitting in-between two sensors that close.

I'm looking at mine and the only place I can really see is over the logo just behind the gimbal. It will be a tight fit. Use some dual lock or something to hold it in place. I have mine on the top between the "upward" sensors. I assume you want one on the bottom to make it easier for you to see at night. Bottom is not a good place for the light requirement since its meant for aircraft above and away to spot you. You might also place it over the aux light on the bottom between the two downward sensors.
Placing it over the aux light may be the only option. I guess I'll give it a try. The idea is not for nighttime visibility to aircraft, rather it's for daytime assistance in keeping the drone in sight. Thanks all for the suggestions.

I am still uncertain about mounting the down-facing Arc V. Someone on youtube showed a place to mount an Arc V between the two rear vision sensors somehow. But that space is just too tight and I don't want a light source sitting in-between two sensors that close.
You’re probably thinking of the Grumpy Old Man video:

Placing it over the aux light may be the only option. I guess I'll give it a try. The idea is not for nighttime visibility to aircraft, rather it's for daytime assistance in keeping the drone in sight. Thanks all for the suggestions.
Just curious, how has that worked out for you if you did in fact use the setup over the aux light? Did you use Velcro? A plastic molded mount? I, too, have an A2s, with two Arc XL Alarm strobes (front facing front) and an ARC V (bet rear sensors facing rear) Like you, I prefer a downward facing bottom light mount but there’s just no room as previously discussed.

I 3D printed this last night , cut out for the front sensor area as well as the landing light. This was my second prototype. I matched the contour of the btm of the 2S and also angled the mounting section 30 degrees so that I had better angle for seeing it at altitude as well as distance. I'll mount it with 3M duel lock velcro tomorrow and update with a picture. Need to clean it up a little and shoot with drone matching paint. Being 3D printed it is light and sturdy, no metal to cause interference.
Thoughts or comments welcome

Attachments

• IMG_8289.jpg
    IMG_8289.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Reactions: PAW
I 3D printed this last night , cut out for the front sensor area as well as the landing light. This was my second prototype. I matched the contour of the btm of the 2S and also angled the mounting section 30 degrees so that I had better angle for seeing it at altitude as well as distance. I'll mount it with 3M duel lock velcro tomorrow and update with a picture. Need to clean it up a little and shoot with drone matching paint. Being 3D printed it is light and sturdy, no metal to cause interference.

Thoughts or comments welcome
Thanks for sharing wazzsup. I can see from your image and description that your mount fits the bottom, but exactly how the velcro would be utilized is a little hard for me to visualize. It also appears that the strobe would be facing to the rear rather than straight downward to the ground. I’ll be patient and look forward to your posting a pic of the finished product mounted to the A2s.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa