DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Fireworks merge shot

Antero52

Reactions
The city we were in for New Year didn't arrange any public fireworks, and any private ones were few and far between. However, I managed to capture a party shooting up a series of rockets fairly close to where I was with my M3. The first image is the one of 10 shots that has the most rockets visible, while the second was created by merging all the 10 shots. I loaded all the 10 shots as layers in Photoshop, aligned them and made a copy of the shot with the best foreground (best with regard to people). I then converted all 10 shots into a smart object and set the stack mode to "Lighten". As a result, the resulting image from the stack is one where each pixel equals the lightest pixel of the 10 shots in the stack. Finally, I used layer masking to merge the sky and fireworks from the stack and the foreground from the copy of the shot with the best foreground. I was suprised that the photos were quite sharp despite the relatively long exposure time (0.4s) and the strong wind (10 m/s or about 22 mph, look at the smokes from the smokestacks).

Attachments

• M3211231-203.jpg
    M3211231-203.jpg
    496.7 KB · Views: 63
  • M3211231-206.jpg
    M3211231-206.jpg
    406.9 KB · Views: 62
I'd be inclined to take out the big upper left explosion, I get the impression it's wiping out the red ones. Are those star constellations in the left background?
Nice work.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ozwaldcore