DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware challenges

Bmclac11

Reactions
I have had mavic pro for about a month. Out of the box it requested updates which I did. My RC updated to latest firmware 01.04.0300 but AC stuck at 01.03.0400 the techs told me that this is due to poor mobile phone and that AC should have updated first. I have tried the DJI assistant with AC (remote switched off) multiple times reinstalled the PC app and I get to 53% and it disconnects and gives error message.

My question is: "do we need to perform all updates of firmware versions? "

Is the jump from 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0300 too big and causing this issue?
I would rather check with the mavic community before stuffing up a very expensive drone as everything still works fine at the moment.
Thank you all for your time!!

Depending on your use you could rollback to older versions or just continue upgrading and bowing to DJI...... you wont believe some of the stuff that they put in the updates.

take control of things yourself and make your own decision what to do.

There is even an app on the market now that allows you to upgrade or downgrade firmware, unlock the Mavic and all sorts of other goodness, take a look at NoLimitDronez - Guys are making massive leaps.

By the way .... No I am not anything to do with them, just keep an eye on what they are doing and giving us our freedom back, and yes I did invest in the app.

And I do believe there is something even bigger coming shortly :)

...My question is: "do we need to perform all updates of firmware versions? "..!
I don't. After an automatic update hosed my system I downgraded to 4.1.15, turned off auto-updating, and enjoy flying knowing that an update did not introduce a new problem. I ignore any and all update notices.

DJI has gotten better but they could be more thorough in their software testing before releasing. I do not want to be their beta-tester.
...Is the jump from 01.03.0400 to 01.04.0300 too big and causing this issue?...
I doubt if that is the issue since the updates are controlled by DJI's software. The Mavic can get pretty warm while performing updates; perhaps something is overheating. You can try putting a fan on it. Make sure you start with a completely full battery and connect directly to your PC (not daisy-chained through the RC).

If it's working fine now, leave it. Once you upgrade past 1.3.400 , it brings in a lot of uneeded headaches. Stay where your at for now and read up, you will be doing yourself a favor....☺

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PetefromNZ