DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware refresh ones in while?

sergi91

Reactions
Hi should i plug my mavic to dji adsistant 2 and hit the refresh button 1s a month to keep my mavic up to date ? Thx Mavic pro flyers

No. You should only upgrade the firmware when DJI releases a new firmware update (and you decide you want to install it).

You can find the firmware release notes on the Mavic downloads page. When DJI releases new Mavic firmware, they update that document.

No. You should only upgrade the firmware when DJI releases a new firmware update (and you decide you want to install it).

You can find the firmware release notes on the Mavic downloads page. When DJI releases new Mavic firmware, they update that document.
Ok so if you do not renew firmware there is no risk of crashing your mavic?

Ok so if you do not renew firmware there is no risk of crashing your mavic?
No. The firmware never needs to be refreshed after installed.

@msinger makes the best point - watch the forums whenever there is a new update. You will see all of the good and bad news. Then decide. I'm running an old FW, as it's very stable and has everything I need.

Reactions: Xtreme Drone Pilot
I used to be an Xtreme Updater - always update all my devices and apps as soon as updates are available. Not anymore. I see more negatives than positives updating apps and OSes/FWs. Things you used to absolutely love get FUBARed... or just disappear without trace. "We think you'll love this update!" - No but thanks. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." All of my devices are deeply frozen with frost covering them. See my Wunderphone? It's so cold ice cubes formed on home screen! :D The only apps installed are Go 4.1.15 and Litchi. Permanently offline. The smile on my face may have icicles on it, but it's never going to turn into a sad face by a fubared update from DJI or Google (or the worst of all, apple, since you can't rollback).

p1010222-jpg.26064

I used to be an Xtreme Updater - always update all my devices and apps as soon as updates are available. Not anymore. I see more negatives than positives updating apps and OSes/FWs. Things you used to absolutely love get FUBARed... or just disappear without trace. "We think you'll love this update!" - No but thanks. "If it ain't broken, don't fix it." All of my devices are deeply frozen with frost covering them. See my Wunderphone? It's so cold ice cubes formed on home screen! :D The only apps installed are Go 4.1.15 and Litchi. Permanently offline. The smile on my face may have icicles on it, but it's never going to turn into a sad face by a fubared update from DJI or Google (or the worst of all, apple, since you can't rollback).

p1010222-jpg.26064

What are the risks with keeping your device online? Is there cases of auto-update or some kind of verification? I like having maps but not that much lol.

Hello Xtreme im curious what is that app Litchi? And its purpose...thanks

UP UP UPDATE, does having the latest firmware make your aircraft more SAFE?
somewhere in the 107 stuff there's something about this being part of MAINTAINING the aircraft

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rapidair