DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware selection Heeelp!

Emo34

Reactions
I currently have 01.03.1000 and every start up it says firmware update required and i do not want to update latest version which is 01.04.0200.
Is it possible to update 2nd latest version(01.04.0000) or not.

Need urgent help!!!

Just out of curiosity why don't you want to update to the latest version?

Reactions: LucVN
Don't think you can get the second app following DJI methods.

You can ignore the request to update though?

I have been searching for weeks and most of the comments about the latest version are so confusing.

Reactions: Bogey

yes you of course i can ignore the update.I think this is the only way.

So ,you strongly recommend the latest firmware then.
I wouldn't say "strongly", but I would recommend to just do the updates. After all DJI is releasing them for a reason

Reactions: winochef
Why are people so scared of updates? If DJI is likely paying these techs $100k + a year to develop firmware updates why wouldn't you update to the latest every time? I agree with Anthony. I always update and I have never once had a problem with my Mavic.

Reactions: LucVN
Why are people so scared of updates? If DJI is likely paying these techs $100k + a year to develop firmware updates why wouldn't you update to the latest every time? I agree with Anthony. I always update and I have never once had a problem with my Mavic.
100% agree...There always seems to be a handful of folks here and on other forums that think DJI releases these update in order to screw them.

There are lots of thoughts and this makes people confusing if i loose my drone because of update. That would be really sad.But i think that it depends mostly where you use your mavic maybe.

There is similarity in updating your mobile phone as well.More u use latest version more you face some problem in terms of battery life,speed running some apps etc.
Of course they are paying $100k or more but that might be a sale strategy

There are lots of thoughts and this makes people confusing if i loose my drone because of update. That would be really sad.But i think that it depends mostly where you use your mavic maybe.

There is similarity in updating your mobile phone as well.More u use latest version more you face some problem in terms of battery life,speed running some apps etc.
Of course they are paying $100k or more but that might be a sale strategy

Lose your drone because of an update? Lol what? More you update more you have problems with battery life, speed of apps etc. Where are you reading this info from? I hope it's not this forum..

I always thought the same thing, until an update failed for no reason and somehow ruined my Mavic's ability to position itself. Had to send in for repair, which is when I learned that DJI's support is very hit-or-miss. The failed update also bricked one of my batteries, which I had to send back 3 times before DJI finally fixed it.

I still update to latest versions, but now I make sure to put my iPhone in Do Not Disturb mode, and I babysit the entire update to make sure the screen doesn't turn off or anything. It's a little nerve wracking now, knowing that a potential failed update could cause more headaches. These updates also take an incredibly long time. I think DJI devs could do a much better job of releasing incremental patches, rather than entire firmware flashes that reset all settings, etc. (I'm a developer).

As I posted elsewhere in this forum:
I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have the Mavic for about 1 year (over 180 flights) and have never, ever had any “firmware” problem. So I really do not understand what all the fuzz is about from certain users here about not upgrading.
I’m on a Mac with assistant 2 and on iPhone 6 or iPad Air 2
Since 1 year I have done ALL the firmware and software upgrades without any problem whatsoever. I have never even hesitated about doing an upgrade.
Maybe I am just lucky but I have a problem believing that...
Just saying...

I would like to take this opportunity to state that I have the Mavic for about 1 year (over 180 flights) and have never, ever had any “firmware” problem. So I really do not understand what all the fuzz is about from certain users here about not upgrading.
Since 1 year I have done ALL the firmware and software upgrades without any problem whatsoever. I have never even hesitated about doing an upgrade.
Just saying...

Yep, that's how software works. If it works perfectly for you, it must work perfectly for everyone else, 100% of the time!

Again, I felt the same way as you, until my Mavic bricked and I had to send it back. The firmware updates are obviously prone to error to some degree, otherwise we wouldn't see so many stories of failed updates.

Reactions: Afremont
I got nailed by the infamous 4.1.18 Go 4 update that hosed my video. Reverted back to .15 and have no problems. I have locked it there because it works perfectly.

Just saying...

I had always felt the same way. I would do updates with no problems at all. But... today Jan, 15th 2018 I wanted to fly in my backyard to get some video for editing. I had some new editing ideas, I also wanted to see what 1080@ 96 fps looked like (never used that option before). Got the Mavic together and sure enough it needed to update, so did. I also recalibrated the gimbal. Then out the door to fly. My time was cut short do to the cold, my phone was not fully charged and died within about 10 minutes in the 14F degree cold.

I came back 3 hours later and it was now above freezing. I flew enough to bring the first battery to 50%. I changed the battery, started up was flying at about 10 feet in the air with a distance of about 10 feet away, recording video using Cinematic mode and all the sudden the camera whacked out, the camera settings started changing from 3840 to 1080 the gimbal would not move, then the screen went gray and the Mavic started to move on it's own. It lifted a little, then some more, then moved forward a little then lifted to about 30 feet and moved slowly across the yard to the home point. Then lowered and hovered about 7 feet in the air. I could nothing the whole time.
As soon as I realized I lost connection I unplugged the phone (thinking that might be the problem), I switched to sport mode, but I realized there was no connection. I next hit RTH, and the drone did nothing, but move a little. I even tried a "dead kill" bringing the sticks "back & together" and still nothing. Even though the Mavic was right there above my head just a few feet away, I was starting to think "it might just fly away."

Ok... so after it went across the yard and hoved at the RTH point, I walked closer and stood there for about two minutes just looking at it. Every so often I would try the control, all of the sudden there was a beep and I had control in Sport mode. It looked as if it wanted to land on its own (started to lower) but I made it lift a little and move side to side, just to make sure I was controlling, then I landed.

I have owned the Mavic since May 2017 and never had anything like this happen, never. I have flown my Mavic almost two miles away and returned no problem. Sure seems odd that it did this right after an update.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rarmstrong2580