DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

firmware update 06.01.0670

wxperson

Reactions
I just got a firmware update message for my MP2.

I notice it says that this patch "increased the maximum transmission distance to 10 KM (FCC)".

What does this exactly mean?

I just got a firmware update message for my MP2.

I notice it says that this patch "increased the maximum transmission distance to 10 KM (FCC)".

What does this exactly mean?

Transmission distance.

Have you tried looking at official DJI content on this release?

Transmission distance.

Have you tried looking at official DJI content on this release?

i was curious how a firmware update would increase the transmission distance unless it allowed for more power some how.

The more power idea is all I can think of.
I’ll keep watching this to find out.
Thanks.

Unless the transmit power regulations have changed, which I would doubt, I suspect they have worked to improve signal integrity sufficiently to enable the additional 1KM. Not that you can see the existing maximum distance by the unaided eye, I now expect those that disregard the VLOS rules will start testing this out.

Last edited:
Reactions: ChuckNorrisUSAF
BTW... I notice some of the settings went back to defaults after update.

One important one was the RTH altitude. It went back to 30 Meters. Also some maximum height or distance parameters were reset.

Doing it now ?

Please report back on how it went and what changes you noticed.
Just got in. Other than a few settings in the app changing it flew as normal.
Have to many charges on my batteries and wasn’t in my range testing
spot to check that.
Did go out several K’ over the lake and only had time for one battery.
Guess we will be due for a software update to see what really was added.

Reactions: Rumplstilt
BTW... I notice some of the settings went back to defaults after update.

One important one was the RTH altitude. It went back to 30 Meters. Also some maximum height or distance parameters were reset.
Just like they said they Said they would in the release notes.
I hope this fixes the tilted gimbal. And I hope the DJI go update fixes the video feed issue.

I am not getting this update prompt on my SC? Anyone else?
Yes. I'm not getting a prompt. In fact, when I check for updates, it says that it's at the latest level.

Update 7/12/2020: Was prompted to update and did so. No problems.

Last edited:
With my M2Z I notice that when I get about 1200 meters away my video feed is sketchy. It jumps in and out. Anyone else have this issue? I hope this will patch that up. Thanks for any input.

New firmware for the Mavic 2 with increased transmission signal MAXIMA for FCC AND CE!

Launch of the new Mavic 2 Pro / Zoom firmware (07/07/2020)

Aircraft firmware: v01. 00. 0670
DJI GO 4 iOS App: v4. 3. 37
DJI GO 4 Android app: v4. 3. 36
What's new?
Longer operating time of the remote control when used in low temperature environments.
The default automatic download settings have been updated to two days.
Fixed an occasional issue: the gimbal was unbalanced after the self-test. Use Auto Gimbal Calibration on DJI GO 4 to fix this problem.
Fixed issue: The obstacle avoidance switch was not available when using MSDK.
Maximum transmission distance increase: 10 km (FCC), 6 km (CE / MIC / SRRC).
Notes:
Restart the aircraft and the remote control after the update is complete.
Please note that the update can reset various main controller settings, such as RTH altitude and maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings and reset after update.
If the update fails, please restart the aircraft, remote control and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and try again.
This is the update information here in Spain / Europe.
Practically similar and identical.

Last edited:
Hey all, I'm curious. I changed tripod mode to Attitude mode on my M2P. I wonder if this update will reset that? I'm guessing it might, but if anyone has any info on this I would be interested in hearing about it. Thanks. BTW, side note, ATTI mode is really fun to fly in and has saved me from not being able to control the M2P due to a compass error in GPS or P mode. Here is a video I found most helpful on the subject if you want to learn more:

Reactions: knewton
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme