DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update 4 Red lights Sporatic

DBT

Reactions
Every since I updated my Mavic 2 Pro to v01.00.0770 I get sporatic issues with the drone.

Sometimes when I start it it will go thru the normal startup and be ready to go. Mostly though it goes thru the startup and then 4 solid red lights are on and I can't do anything.

Does anyone have a solution?

It works some time and other not.

Frustrating.

TIA!

You may try to reinstall the firmware if possible.

The front LED's are normally ON until you're recording, and then they turn OFF.

The solid red status LED's on the back indicate a critical error according to page 14 of the user manual.

It doesn't give a solution to the critical error.

Probably need a trip to DJI for service if the reinstallation of the firmware doesn't work?

I have re-loaded the firmware to v01.00.0770 which said successful.

It is an intermittent problem when starting the drone. It doesn't always do it. Sometimes it starts up fine.

I didn't have this issue before upgrading.

Would it make sense to downgrade the firmware to a previous version?

It sounds like others may have experienced this issue as well.

I have only used it a handful of times so far.

It wouldn't hurt to downgrade to a previous version if this new one has a possible bug?

I tried downgrading to the previous version in the DJI Assistant 2 software but it got to 75% and then it appears the drone disconnected.

Where would I send it to get it repaired? I live in the state of Georgian in the US.

Do you have an idea what the cost may be.

TIA!

What makes you say the drone disconnected at 75%?
If the drone still boots etc. i.e. if the failed downgrade did not 'brick' the drone, could you try the downgrade again?
When doing stuff like that I position a fan to blow air over the drone, it may not do anything but it wont hurt anything,

OK, I let the drone sit for a little while to cool down and I also charged the battery to 100%. I then re-tried downgrading the firmware on the drone to the previous version which is v01.00.0670 and I was successful it getting it downgraded.

I also downgraded the controller to the previous version and I was able to start the drone with no issues. I will test it some more to make sure it still works since it was intermittent before.

If it continues to work as it should, I will then downgrade the other batteries to the same version.

I'm crossing my fingers.

Reactions: MA2 317
how do you downgrade battery firmware?
Apparently, the batteries have some firmware because if you place another battery in the drone that is not the same, it let's you know in the DJI Assistant 2 that you need to do a firmware update.

Sorry, let me rephrase my question, I was unaware that battery firmware could be downgraded. I presumed that battery firmware changes were in one direction only, meaning "upgrades" only.
How can battery firmware be downgraded?

Sorry, let me rephrase my question, I was unaware that battery firmware could be downgraded. I presumed that battery firmware changes were in one direction only, meaning "upgrades" only.
How can battery firmware be downgraded?
You may be right. I figured the batteries had to match the the firmware of the drone.

When I first went thru the downgrade of the drone firmware, it said there was an inconsistent. After I completed the upgrade, the message went away.

I have re-loaded the firmware to v01.00.0770 which said successful.

It is an intermittent problem when starting the drone. It doesn't always do it. Sometimes it starts up fine.

I didn't have this issue before upgrading.

Would it make sense to downgrade the firmware to a previous version?

It sounds like others may have experienced this issue as well.

I have only used it a handful of times so far.
I uploaded the new firmware with no noticeable difference in the behavior of my Mavic 2 Pro. I've made at least 1o flights since upgrade.

Dale
Miami

DBT it looks, from reading your post #7 that you know the following but here goes anyway.

Uninstall the "Assistant 2" and install "Assistant 2 for Mavic"
even if you are using the "Assistant 2 for Mavic" just reinstall it.
Fails at 75% sounds like you are using "Assistant 2" and not the correct software "Assistant 2 for Mavic".

Start by upgrading the controller firmware first using "Assistant 2 for Mavic" to v01.00.0770
Secondly upgrade the drone firmware to v01.00.0770 .

The battery should automatically update if it is required but there is no message about the battery.
If you have more batteries, you should swap batteries and upgrade again with each battery.
If you get an inconsistent firmware message its because the battery needs to update.
You may also get no-FlyZone messages that will need updating.

I think that downgrading more than one step is no longer supported because of attempts to avoid no-Flyzone restrictions, but there are other ways to downgrade if needed.
Personally I just go with the latest and get all the upgrades and restrictions.

I upgraded mine and yes it disconnected around 75% 10’o’ clock , , but mine said that it had finished. (Installed).
I went and waited for a restart but it never came back so I started it manually. The controller then proceeded to upgrade the battery....ok

The DJI care refresh was another story. I received the dji email, with confirmation but never saw anything on the screen of my new mini 2. This was the first time that I decided to buy it through the controller directly. Previously I had bought it snd had entered the code manually.

I will fly it this weekend, if weather permits. My other DJI Mavic Air 2 is pending upgraded based on my ( our ) results.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skyscansurveys