DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update fail

Reactions: TedShred
My zoom had a little tiff with firmware the other day. Interesting that the firmware number listed as current, showed a negative sign at the end of the number. It was not happy. Had to downgrade one step, then update.
That solved the problem. No more negative sign.

Plug in and power it on. Then click on where it says what it is plugged into.

Reactions: SHRED
I tried to update everything via my CS monitor, got the same message as the op. Tried so many times:rolleyes: then I thought I’d try updating the firmware with my iPhone, worked 1st time..... what’s that all about? Is it just an android problem or..... I dunno,

I’ve not as yet updated via the DJI assistant 2 but no doubt it will happen.

As long as we’re on the firmware subject, anyone else having an issue where you don’t HEAR the voice message that the home point has been recoded. Seems to be a random issue, as it works most of the time.

On the latest firmware update, (where you update controller and drone for waypoints), I was able to up the MP2 via DJIgo4 app, but when I tried to update the controller (app was telling me on the main screen that controller needed up dating), I keep getting a message that "firmware updated failed, retry", even though I had seen a 100% complete message on the drone.

Went to Mac, plugged drone into assistant 2 for Mavic, and it showed drone was current. So I then updated controller with Assistant 2 for Mavic, restarted DJI404 and it showed both controller and drone current.

Paul C

On the latest firmware update, (where you update controller and drone for waypoints), I was able to up the MP2 via DJIgo4 app, but when I tried to update the controller (app was telling me on the main screen that controller needed up dating), I keep getting a message that "firmware updated failed, retry", even though I had seen a 100% complete message on the drone.

Went to Mac, plugged drone into assistant 2 for Mavic, and it showed drone was current. So I then updated controller with Assistant 2 for Mavic, restarted DJI404 and it showed both controller and drone current.

Paul C

Paul, can I ask what Go4 app you were using, android or iso? I used iOS and got everything updated.

OBTW...I have very fast Wi-Fi

I have three wifi signals in my house....I connect a cat5 cable directly to my computer....if possible...try to connect with a cable for a faster connection.

I have a very wifi connection, too. I play onlines games (RTS).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3