DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update failed 95% can't connect anymore - version unknown

Aquilasfx

Reactions
Hello,
I bought yesterday a Mavic2 pro and after a normal flight outside yesterday evening I tryed to update to latest firmware 1.00.501, the RC was updated perfectly, but the AC gave problems.

Firstly I tried with DJI go 4, and it returned update failed.

I tried then with DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and after some try where the app returned error 0x02 at 84% of the process, it stopped freezed at 95% and I had to turn drone and the application off after 20 mins of nothing.

Result now if I connect the drone to the mac osx it doesn't want to connect.
I tried to repeat the procedure with DJI go 4 with android and also an iphone, the app returns alway update failure. I tried also with windows 10, and the device when I connect to the usb port show "unknow device" and it starts to connect and disconnect continuosly.

I tried different usb cables.

In the DJI go 4, the drone is connected but in version firmware it reports "version unknown", and no image transmission signal. I can't even see from the camera of the drone.

Please help :(

Make sure you have internet available. Be patient through "frozen" screens. Note that on my windows 10 computer, the computer will often say there's a problem with the USB connection when the aircraft is plugged in - ignore that so long as the DJI Assistant 2 program recognizes the drone (which needs to be powered up and with a charged battery).

See: New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)

Reactions: Gindra
Make sure you have internet available. Be patient through "frozen" screens. Note that on my windows 10 computer, the computer will often say there's a problem with the USB connection when the aircraft is plugged in - ignore that so long as the DJI Assistant 2 program recognizes the drone (which needs to be powered up and with a charged battery).

See: New Mavic 2 Pro/Zoom Firmware Released (2019.09.16)

What do u suggest to let mavic on connected with usb for Half a day waiting to be recognized again by my MacBook Pro? If I connect RC it recognise it immediately....

My friend, I tried now 1 hour and an half with the aircraft plugged in with the USB connection to the computer and nothing happened. This is not the solution.

Last edited:
Please be more specific than "nothing happened". I'm no computer expert, (or drone expert for that matter) so it's hard to tell where you are at and where things are freezing up or doing nothing.

Does the DJI Assistant2 program, when you connect the USB cable from the powered up Mavic2 into the computer, recognize and display the M2 as a clickable option? Once that occurs the program should list the available updates etc.

Please be more specific than "nothing happened". I'm no computer expert, (or drone expert for that matter) so it's hard to tell where you are at and where things are freezing up or doing nothing.

Does the DJI Assistant2 program, when you connect the USB cable from the powered up Mavic2 into the computer, recognize and display the M2 as a clickable option? Once that occurs the program should list the available updates etc.

No, as written the DJI Assistant2 does not recognize and display any M2. It's not visible anymore from the computer. And I tried different cables.

Go to page 47 in the full online only manual from DJI....
Worth the try.

I read it, and that button is only for pairing the remote control with the aircraft. The Drone is visible and connected with the remote control, but no gimbal, no signal, no camera, no sd, no version firmware. And I also tried to long press on DJI go4 app the three dashes on the top right of the application entering in the black screen to firmware refresh, tried to refresh with 1.00.501 or 1.00.400 but nothing, it fails everytime.

I read it, and that button is only for pairing the remote control with the aircraft. The Drone is visible and connected with the remote control, but no gimbal, no signal, no camera, no sd, no version firmware. And I also tried to long press on DJI go4 app the three dashes on the top right of the application entering in the black screen to firmware refresh, tried to refresh with 1.00.501 or 1.00.400 but nothing, it fails everytime.
Understand. Sounds like you need to contact DJI.

Understand. Sounds like you need to contact DJI.
I bought it on Amazon 1 day ago :(
Now if i want to return the price is higher.....

usually do they take it to repair or replace? how many days to have a new unit?
And how to contact them? do they have a chat?

I bought it on Amazon 1 day ago :(
Now if i want to return the price is higher.....

usually do they take it to repair or replace? how many days to have a new unit?
And how to contact them? do they have a chat?
Definitely contact Amazon and ask for replacement of you new, but nonfunctional drone.
Just log into their website. Answers you want will be on the page.

Definitely contact Amazon and ask for replacement if you new, but nonfunctional drone.

I bought on amazon warehouse deals for 1460€ with flymore combo. If I return the price for a new unit is much higher 1800€ more or less. Do you think is not better to wait for a replacement from dji?

I bought on amazon warehouse deals for 1460€ with flymore combo. If I return the price for a new unit is much higher 1800€ more or less. Do you think is not better to wait for a replacement from dji?
You’re the best judge of that.. take the quickest path with least resistance...

Oh great! Do
I once crashed an MPP a couple of years ago. Contacted DJI since I had refresh. They sent a shipping label and I had a replacement drone in 8 days. Best example I have.
you contact them by online chat?
Do they pick up the drone and sent a new unit or a refusbished one?
What is the usual procedure to contact them?

Can you try to update the firmware on a different computer? Maybe a Windows PC?

I have a similar problem updating my Olympus camera on my desktop but the upgrade works flawlessly using my laptop

I have never had a problem with Amazon. I would do a return with them. If its 3rd party and they try to give you less... call Amazon and they will fix the problem.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svdroneshots