DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Killed My R/C Sept 2017

scotty7367

Reactions
I just upgraded the R/C Firmware 07th Sept 2017 and now the remote will not charge at all, I have tried 7 different USB cables and none work even though they work to charge other things, battery is now at 10% because it was " On Charge " all night so not even enough power to Factor reset on DJI assistant. Please help as I am Grounded until I can fix this problem.

I just upgraded the R/C Firmware 07th Sept 2017 and now the remote will not charge at all, I have tried 7 different USB cables and none work even though they work to charge other things, battery is now at 10% because it was " On Charge " all night so not even enough power to Factor reset on DJI assistant. Please help as I am Grounded until I can fix this problem.
This may be a silly question but you are charging on the side port with the bottom unplugged correct? You could try the reverse.

Yes I am Charging on the top left side port.

Which charger are you using? Try using an iPad charger if you have one or another charger which can deliver 2.0 A. Make sure nothing is plugged into the big rectangular port in the middle of the RC when the charger is connected to the top left port on the RC.

Which charger are you using? Try using an iPad charger if you have one or another charger which can deliver 2.0 A. Make sure nothing is plugged into the big rectangular port in the middle of the RC when the charger is connected to the top left port on the RC.

Right, I was thinking the same - if I understand the gist of this anyhow. Maybe it's not the cables, maybe it's what the other end of the USB cable is connected into? Try different PC ports, different computers altogether, different wall warts, etc. Maybe there's an issue inside the factory charger?

I have tried the DJI charger that came with the Fly More package that I have always used and I have also tried other chargers but nothing works at all, oh and nothing is in the USB port on the bottom of the controller when I charge either.

I have tried the DJI charger that came with the Fly More package that I have always used and I have also tried other chargers but nothing works at all, oh and nothing is in the USB port on the bottom of the controller when I charge either.

It sounds like you'll have to get DJI to fix it under warranty. Use their live chat to get an RMA created, they will then email a prepaid shipping label to you within 48 hours.

It takes a long time for them to get stuff back--3 weeks to replace a defective Mavic battery.

Reactions: Kilrah
Yes my PC can see the controller in DJI assistant, I would try to restore factory defaults but it needs a min of 50% battery and that is my whole problem lol.

When it's hooked up to your PC and Assistant can see it, does it start charging (very slowly) once you power off the RC?

When it's hooked up to your PC and Assistant can see it, does it start charging (very slowly) once you power off the RC?
Not enough power now to even have it seen by the DJI Assistant :(
But when it was i don`t recall seeing it charge even if very slowly.

Not enough power now to even have it seen by the DJI Assistant :(
But when it was i don`t recall seeing it charge even if very slowly.

Sorry to hear that man. I think you'll have to get DJI to replace it under warranty. I'm seeing bricked RCs from various forums so I don't think you are alone.

Drat that sucks, any idea of the turn around time to get a new one else because I am of on holiday in November?

Support.na155
DJI Europe
Daelderweg 21
Nuth
6361 HK
NL

Luckily they pay for ups collection and delivery

Thanks, that's not too far away, I will get on the DJI website today and try to get it sorted.
Thanks

4 days each way and they took 2 day to assess, for me as I challenged the repair fee they had my mavic for 3 week before sending it back unrepaired, can imagine that normally its 1-2 days if it warranty / paid as they swap it out with a refurbished one

Mine is only a few months old so hopefully a hassle free experience ( fingers crossed) lol

Generally, the firmware is ok. Since I got the Mavic Pro already with firmware 1.103.800 and currently just upgrade to 1.103.1000.
The 1st day I got Mavic pro, I find out the RC very difficult to link Mavic. Sometime take me half an hour to make it connect. Every time have to re-bind the link for RC and Mavic.

Fully charge your RC and Battery before do any firmware upgrade and avoid power failure or hang from your PC when half way of upgrading. Some setting will reset after upgrade new firmware.

Since I force it to FCC mode, power transmission on RC improve. The link issues become less, but still happen when too long no flight.

For safety reason make sure (Mavic and RC) battery is 65% above. Firmware upgrade may take more than 10 Minutes...!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Opus3