DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update killed the Mavic

solvstrom

Reactions
Hi guys

I tried to update to the new firmware, and a long the way it must have failed. I now have a Mavic that i can't connect or get in touch with at all.

The Mavic powers on, but the fans doesn't start which makes it extremely hot. The RC doens't register it all all and just blinks CONNECTING. I've tried to connect the Mavic through a USB cable to the computer (Both Mac and PC) to see if i could roll back the FW with DJI Assistant, but no luck. The remote i can see totally fine through the DJI Assistant, so the cable and Mac seems to be working.

I'm completely out of ideas, and have more or less given up. Someone did mention that i should try to download a firmware bin file and update it through the SD card, but they doens't seem to be available anymore. I'm very supprise that an software update like this can ruin hardware like this. Also, the battery i used for updating is now showing 2 green lights in the middle of the battery. I've tried with spare batteries, but that didn't work either.

Any tips / tricks?

When you connect your Mavic to a Mac via USB, do you see the "DJI" network interface going green in System preferences -> Network? Does "DJI" device appear in System profiler -> USB devices list?

DJI comes up as yellow in my System -> Preferences -> Network. If i click About This Mac -> System Report and then down to USB, then it doesn't show up.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR