Firmware Update MA2 now IMU & Gimble Data Incompatable

MA2-Flyer

Reactions
Good Day Folks

Updated my MA2 with latest firmware V01.01.0720 today

NOW IMU needs calibrating and it wont start

Gimble says data incompatable

I think the firmware is NOT good

Please can anyone help with downgrading to previous version as that worked very well

I can use the DJI assistant however I have done spring cleaning and deleted previous firmwares from my drone

Please can somebody direct me to where I can download the previous firmware and how to add to my files for the DJI assistant to recognise it and then I can downgrade to install previous version

In advance many thanks

Lennie

Another thread to watch ...

And a place that keeps older releases of stuff ...

That said, I had to chat with a DJI tech over on the DJI forums to get an older version of firmware. He sent a special one-time access link to use.

Last edited:
Reactions: Lob's Falcon
Another thread to watch ...

And a place that keeps older releases of stuff ...

That said, I had to chat with a DJI tech over on the DJI forums to get an older version of firmware. He sent a special one-time access link to use.
Oh thank you so much for giving me hope that theres a way back to previous firmware that was working perfect for me. The llnk for fly app versions I will note although the version 10 that I have was perfect How do I get in touch with the DJI tech for similar help for me as it sounds to be what I need to do.? Your reply is most helpful thank you for taking the time to assist. best wishes from Lennie

Reactions: Lob's Falcon
I had to chat with a DJI tech over on the DJI forums ... just post the issue and they normally respond within a few days. Or use their online support: there's a button on this page.

Also, you can sometimes downrev using the DJI Assistant for Mavic (the Consumer Drone version was recommended to me by a DJI tech). And, there is a trick you can sometimes do to allow downrev of "locked" firmware - but I no longer have the link; a Google search should find it. The process seemed simple enough, an edit of a text config file to tell Assistant it's okay to downrev, so no real hacking involved.

ps: I think this was the instructions...

Last edited:

Firmware Update MA2 now IMU & Gimble Data Incompatable

I have sent message to Ajay and waiting reply
Mavic Air 2 - Product Support - DJI

The upgrade and downgrade as on you tube videos is handy info and applies to the the assistant 2 consumer version aimed at the moni but relevent to other models (theres two version of assistant 2 for the mavic air 2-we look at the consumer version)

The good thing is if the assistant shows previous versions of the firmware then downgrade is easy.
My problem is that (I guess) something went wrong with the install update as the assistant has only the one latest firmware and no previous versions and therefore no chance of downgrade.

I would like to get previous firmware bin file that i could flash back to my drone but cant find a copy at the moment

I am waiting for reply from Ajay at DJI Support and will post hopefully a solution should I receive one.

Big Thanks for replys

Lennie

The Assistant 2 for Consumer has a few added features over the for Mavic version. I've used both and can't tell much difference.

As for the YouTube, it looked to me like the same file "patch" would work for getting Air 2 versions up and running. But maybe that isn't the right tutorial. Somewhere a web-droner showed how to change a few lines in a configuration text file to re-enable down grades.

Pretty sure I was chatting with a guy at DJI when he gave me a link to older versions, it wasn't in one of the forums... unless we were exchanging PMs.

Hello and thank you for your reply

todate I have used the assistant2 mavic and then the consumer version - Both versions allow me to reflash the current version and only the current version appears in the list of options - No previous firmwares are listed so No chance of downgrade.

I have since started chat with DJI and have been told that previous versions of firmware are now deleted once an upgrade has been performed . I followed up with what happens should an upgrade fail and downgrade is the best / only option to get my drone working again and the answer is to send the drone back to dji.

Myself has been all around the internet and I have collected a couple of previous firmware bin files for my MA2 however I dont know how to force an install of the firmware to my drone - so any ideas with this???

So sad today I am not solving the bad firmware upgrade experience. Please dont say if it aint broke dont fix it.. I wish that I had not done the firmware update and thats hindsight being a wonderful thing.

Please let me know if any ideas about how to flash firmware so I can install the older versions of the firmware to give me the downgrade version that was working for me at the time.

All best wishes

Lennie

Again did you try reinstalling the current firmware? Could just be that one component didn't flash and doing the operation a 2nd time will make it work.

Again did you try reinstalling the current firmware? Could just be that one component didn't flash and doing the operation a 2nd time will make it work.
Hello and thank you for message
YES I did clear cache and re flashed current firmware as instructed by DJI - still no joy - Have since reported back to DJI and they have sent me with no quibble a returns ticket so the drone is going back to them for re programming.
Hopefully all will be well
With best wishes to all who have suggested fixes - all appreciated - many thanks
Lennie

Hello and thank you for message.
I am using 1.5.10 fly app on android with the update firmware v01.01.0720 I reported back to DJI the firmware update issues and they have sent me with no quibble a returns ticket so the drone is going back to them for re programming under warranty.
Should you not get a fix I wonder if soon a another firmware update may arrive soon and that it would fix the previous errors that I/we are suffering - I guess we will wait and see - sorry that i cant be more help best wishes and happy flying

Reactions: Captinkirk
Thanks for your comment I just posted it in a new thread MA2 help ( I think ) the only reason I’m not sending it back to dji is the bad experience I had with them last year - no disrespect I’d rather pay than use my care refresh or warranty reason being they sent me a refurb drone every bit of plastic was a different Color ! I did challenge them as I was real upset and changed the whole fly more combo 👍🏻 But it’s put me off sending too them - on the flip side maybe I was just unlucky ! I pray you get everything sorted - yep I think it needs new f ware update and or the app ……
Kind regards

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
swigmofa