DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Update Procedures

pacmanclyde

Reactions
Hello All!

I just received my Mavic Pro(refurbished) and I'm excited to fly it.
I had a question regarding firmware update procedures.

I own a Phantom 3 Pro, and I've had issues updating the firmware, as did others, where if the update took too long, it burned out some component.
Reading some of the other threads regarding this, users have suggested using a fan to blow across the drone so the gimbal board/main board/etc do not overheat and damage anything.

Are there any suggestions similar to this for the Mavic? And what is the suggested "order" to update firmware?
APP-->RC-->AC?

Thanks in advanced for the help!
-Shane

Are there any suggestions similar to this for the Mavic?
No. You can update in the order of your choosing. Just make sure you update both the aircraft and remote controller.

I had some problems updating mine through Go4; It took over an hour and the battery went dead in the middle of the update - fortunately no harm done. I have no idea why it took so long. The Mavic also interferes with my home WiFi, so I had problems downloading right from the start. Next time I'll do the update through the PC using DJI Assistant. As far as the fan goes, it couldn't hurt.

Updating the firmware via the DJI Assistant 2 application has been a better experience for me too.

For anyone who needs it, here are instructions for installing firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 application:

I've had a mavic cook when it froze at 85%, killed the core board, I have had it freeze at 85% again this time I shut it off and used a fan to update again
I'll always use a fan from now on
Just use a little USB rechargeable one
_20171103_200515.JPG _20171103_200606.JPG

Reactions: Bunny Too
The fan is a good idea... Question- I watched the video above about the DJI Assistant 2 app ...great info..... but it didn't say that when updating the drone ... Do you have to repeat the process again for each battery? I ask because this was the process for the Phantom 3 Advanced.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka