DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware update stuck.

PilotMan7700

Reactions
Hey guys, so I'm trying to update the firmware and it's stuck at 73%. It's been sitting there for a good 15-20 minutes now. The drone restarted right before I noticed the percentage stop going up. This in only my second firmware update since I got the drone out of it's box on Saturday just a few days ago. Any tips?

Try restarting everything and start the firmware update process again. This is a known issue for the current firmware update.

Reactions: PilotMan7700
Glad you're fixed, but I would update via the latest DJI Assistant (V2) app from the computer. Granted you will need to plug in and update both the drone and RC separately, but it was quicker and I personally didnt run into the issue with getting stuck in the 70's.

One note, you will need to open the app when you change batteries and let it update the battery firmware as well. It will say "Inconsistent Firmware". It takes a fraction of the time to do this part.

Hey having similar issue .. stuck at 93% .. now the drone is unresponsive .. should I power off ? restart too ?
UPDATED

Had to turn restart the controller and the Go App .. when restarted told me firmware problem. restarted process, finished in 10 min after.

Last edited:
Hey having similar issue .. stuck at 93% .. now the drone is unresponsive .. should I power off ? restart too ?
Yes...most of us have encountered this issue and a restart/reboot resolved it.

Yes...most of us have encountered this issue and a restart/reboot resolved it.
Wow. That would scare the heck out of me (doing a restart when the mavic was midway through an update). That's the kind of thing that bricks electronics pretty easily. I guess though if it was stuck, you have no options.

Yesterday I updated to the latest firmware release and mine stuck at 83% for 15-20 minutes. That's when I found this thread. I stuck it out thought and after a seemingly long pause, the update finished up and things seem to be okay. Certainly sketchy to have a progress indicator that does that.

I wonder how often people stop mid-update and brick the unit? Hopefully they have the hardware setup so nothing actually gets loaded into active memory space until the restart. Maybe that's how you guys have survived the restarts. There are a lot of warnings though when you do it... (don't exit app, don't switch out of the app, make sure battery is charged, etc)

I updated through the app and it look nearly 30 min, the app stated this. Left it to do it own thing. All sorted, test flight was spot on.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using MavicPilots mobile app

Mine has been sat at 86% for over 35 minutes now with the assistant software.
I'm on my last battery dot.

Time to try a restart I think.

Sent from my iPad using MavicPilots

My update got stuck at 86% in Assistant 2. Restarted the drone and program and needed to connect/reconnect a few times. After a few minutes the drone showed up in Assistant 2 with the latest firmware and a - in the name.

I then restarted the upgrade and it finished.

So how many times should I repeat this process before I pack it up and send it back for exchange? I haven't be able to update the Mavic at all since I got this last Friday. It gets stuck at 73% when trying to update over the Go 4 app. DJI Assistant gets stuck and fails at 85%. I reboot everything and repeat the process with the same results.

Also get stucked with V01.03.0400 at 86%. Device disconnected and was trying to reconnect at this level. Then nothing happened. After about 3 - 5 minutes device tried to reconnect again and setup was complete. I didn't have to do nothing (no reboot, no restart the process, no disconnect). Just wait few minutes.

So how many times should I repeat this process before I pack it up and send it back for exchange? I haven't be able to update the Mavic at all since I got this last Friday. It gets stuck at 73% when trying to update over the Go 4 app. DJI Assistant gets stuck and fails at 85%. I reboot everything and repeat the process with the same results.
Impact9... your post sounds like I could have written it. i also got the mavic on Fri. and could not upgrade nor downgrade firmware successfully. I tried both via dji4 ap as well as via the dji assistant on an iMac. Honestly i was getting quite worried that there may be something wrong with my model after about 10 failed attempts! After much googling I did come across someones post that suggested that the mavic has issues with disconnecting from wifi if placed too close to your router. Not sure if this is correct, however i do suspect it may have been my problem as i was trying to upgrade in the same room as my router. I FINALLY was able to upgrade successfully when i went outside a couple hundred feet away from my router. To be honest am not sure whether i upgraded via wifi or verizon LTE. You may wanna give it a shot by moving away from your router. Good luck:)

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what I did but my mavic finally showed 1.03.0400 after leaving the drone without a battery in it for several hours. DJI-A showed the update applied when I went to attempt updating with fully charged devices. (This was after the GO 4 app said the update failed). I went back to the GO4 app and it also showed the update applied. I changed batteries and it updated 1 of the 3, assuming 2 already updated. No more mismatch warnings in GO 4 prior to flight and no message in Assistant. So I guess I'm magically good to go.

Reactions: flightmike
Hmm - I just got my mavic. I have gone through the update firmware process on the GO. It seems to have completed the update for the mavic and the rc. Yet the entire time the update on the ios remained at 0%.

Once everything seemed to be completed, I disconnected the iphone and turned it off. When I turned it back on, I connected each device to the dji a2 and both indicate they have the latest firmware. Weird

Last edited:
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000