DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware Updates Issues

HAponte67

Reactions
With my DJI Go 4 is requesting updates into to the version I currently running 4.3.4 - as I had problems with my iPhone X.

Because now have the request to update Mavic firmware to 01.04.0500, when I start downloading the updates, start downloading and updating but at 25 % stops and can be there for hours.

I'm wondering if I can update the Mavic firmware any other way (looks to be mandatory within next 5 flights) without the DJI Go 4 firmware.

Thanks for any / all feedback!

With my DJI Go 4 is requesting updates into to the version I currently running 4.3.4 - as I had problems with my iPhone X.

Because now have the request to update Mavic firmware to 01.04.0500, when I start downloading the updates, start downloading and updating but at 25 % stops and can be there for hours.

I'm wondering if I can update the Mavic firmware any other way (looks to be mandatory within next 5 flights) without the DJI Go 4 firmware.

Update the firmware using DJI assistant 2

Reactions: HAponte67

Mandatory in what way? Where did you see that?

Reactions: charliesRig
Starz, responce not helpful. What do we do with a hung up update? How do we proceed when update is hung up. Doesn't appear to have stopped, just doesn't go beyond, let's say, 29 %. Whether or not it is a mandatory update isn't really a question.

There are several reasons an update can fail or not complete. The op used the term “mandatory”. There is a feature built into the DJI system that a lot of people take advantage of. It’s called the “ignore” button.

Tried to retry update process, however nit MA and RC will not connect at all. I the Wired connection procedure the link message does not appear after turning on RC.

Try installing DJI Assistant on to a PC/Mac. Once installed, run the program, connect your drone to the computer using a usb cable and turn on the drone. Once started the drone should show up in Assistant (there may be some drivers installed at this point, allow them if asked). You should be able to download the firmware to the computer and flash it to the drone. This is a much more reliable way to install firmware than using the remote and mobile device route.

Reactions: BuffaloAir
Try installing DJI Assistant on to a PC/Mac. Once installed, run the program, connect your drone to the computer using a usb cable and turn on the drone. Once started the drone should show up in Assistant (there may be some drivers installed at this point, allow them if asked). You should be able to download the firmware to the computer and flash it to the drone. This is a much more reliable way to install firmware than using the remote and mobile device route.
[/QUOTE]
Thank you.

BossBob,

I went to the DJI Downloads for DJI Assistant 2 and it stated they were no longer being updated, thus, I didn't want to go that route. I fully recharged the RC as it had been on so long for the failed update and needed recharging (The MA battery was at 54%) , and then attempted the firmware update. It appeared to go as advertised. I haven't checked out all the setting and verified the update but at least the RC and MA seem to be communicating. I'll let you know if anything goes bad. Thanks for your help but it appears the DJI Assistant 2 is no longer a feasible option for the Mavic Air. Please correct me if incorrect.

Don ( BuffaloAir )

If Assistant 2 is not working for you, there is always the dark side of dankdronedownloader for the firmware and dumbledore for flashing it. Have a look at DJI.retrorooms.info There is more to drone software than DJI.

There are several reasons an update can fail or not complete. The op used the term “mandatory”. There is a feature built into the DJI system that a lot of people take advantage of. It’s called the “ignore” button.

Make sure you repost this when people complain about updates in general. IGNORE THEM if you don't like it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka