DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware V01.00.0309

BigSexyHouse

Reactions
Anyone had this firmware popup for them? I saw on a youtube video reviewing the 1.1.6 DJI FLY app that he showed he also received a new firmware version of V01.00.0309 that had even further enhancements within the app.

Reactions: dawgpilot
I did not get that new icon for side to side stop??

Is it ready for update yet?

I did not get that new icon for side to side stop??
Actually the icons are probably already in DJI Fly 1.16, but you won‘t see them till the new firmware is released

Last edited:
Theory is that Air Photography might have checked for firmware just at the rigiht moment to get that version before it was removed, not ready for prime time perhaps....

Anyone had this firmware popup for them? I saw on a youtube video reviewing the 1.1.6 DJI FLY app that he showed he also received a new firmware version of V01.00.0309 that had even further enhancements within the app.
Not in the UK as yet

For anyone interested, BigSexy is referring to this video of V01.00.0309 (Aircraft Firmware Update).

Looks like Obstacle Avoidance Action was updated as well:

View attachment 109740

View attachment 109743

View attachment 109741

Great Video, Thanks.
I have not flown for a few days, so I expect the Firmware notification to appear when I connect everything and start up. That leads me to a question:
I have been reading that Litchi now works on Mavic Mini. If true, will it work on Mavic Air 2 as well? What about DroneDeploy and Pix4D?
Update: I am watching another video that states that this update is for IPhones and iPads only at the moment. Is that true? If so, does anyone have an idea when the firmware update will apply to Android as well?

Last edited:
It is not a part of the app update, and doesn't show up on the firmware update yet.

Reactions: ven
Any way to side load firmware aircraft updates similar to the android app?
When doing a search for the ver. 1.1.6 app I came across sites where it could be side loaded using APK but I think it's just better to wait until the android release is sent out.

Theory is that Air Photography might have checked for firmware just at the rigiht moment to get that version before it was removed, not ready for prime time perhaps....
I'd suggest another theory.

He's one of the Youtubers who were sent the MA2 a while before release, to review it, advertise it, and get the hype up.

DJI most likely have a set of serial numbers from similar YouTubers/influencers who they will push the update to first, in order to advertise these new features, and to get the firmware tested 'out in the wild'...strange how its on hold atm, like you say maybe not ready for primetime yet, issues may have been highlighted.

Could be wrong, it's just a theory.

Last edited:
I'd suggest another theory.

He's one of the Youtubers who were sent the MA2 a while before release, to review it, advertise it, and get the hype up.

DJI most likely have a set of serial numbers from similar YouTubers/influencers who they will push the update to first, in order to advertise these new features, and to get the firmware tested 'out in the wild'...strange how its on hold atm, like you say maybe not ready for primetime yet, issues may have been highlighted.

Could be wrong, it's just a theory.
Yeah that new firmware isn't listed yet in the latest release notes.

Is it just me, or does this "new" feature seem somewhat useless?? Why would anyone want to disable side to side motion? And all the other obstacle avoidance settings can be set with the old firmware. To hover in place when obstacle is detected, just turn off APAS. And there is also a switch to turn off Obstacle avoidance all together.
I'd MUCH rather see the addition of camera settings adjustments like: Sharpness, Contrast, Saturation

Reactions: Steelgtr
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+