DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware v01.00.0510

MikeyBatts

Reactions
Has anyone upgraded to the Firmware v01.00.0510 for the Mavic pro 2, or are you still running the previous firmware? I'm still running the old version, I'm just getting tired of seeing the update pop up on my screen everytime I turn on the app. Lol.

You might turn off the WiFi on your phone and or put it in airplane mode. I never have WiFi enabled on my SC or tablet. Have no desire to update as current firmware is working fine for my needs.

Paul C

Generally early software has bugs that are not obvious until a particular set of conditions occur. If the bug was obvious, it would have been fixed before release.

However, the bug will always be here waiting to trigger. The “ain’tbroke - don’t fix it” is not always the best plan, unless you always fly the exact same flight under exactly the same conditions.

Been running it for some time now. No issues. Happy Flying.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
when i got my ma2 my girl feiend and i were trying to set it up but could not get the a/c and controler to hook up.
so she took the case off the pgone and pluged it in than i herd her yell oh yes than she started hitting buttons than i noticed a circle on the face of the phone than i realised she had started a firmware update well all i could do was let it go until it finished.when everything was finished i took it our in the back yard and started it up and brought it up to about 50 feet and moved it around a little and all went fine. i have been flying this on the updated firmware and no hitches at all.so i guess this firmware update is ok.i have seen firmware up dates that tanked the drone. so update at your oen risk.

when i got my ma2 my girl feiend and i were trying to set it up but could not get the a/c and controler to hook up.
so she took the case off the pgone and pluged it in than i herd her yell oh yes than she started hitting buttons than i noticed a circle on the face of the phone than i realised she had started a firmware update well all i could do was let it go until it finished.when everything was finished i took it our in the back yard and started it up and brought it up to about 50 feet and moved it around a little and all went fine. i have been flying this on the updated firmware and no hitches at all.so i guess this firmware update is ok.i have seen firmware up dates that tanked the drone. so update at your oen risk.
[emoji849] Reading this was like listening to a five year old tell a "story".
None of it makes any sense.

Reactions: penmakerar
Has anyone upgraded to the Firmware v01.00.0510 for the Mavic pro 2, or are you still running the previous firmware? I'm still running the old version, I'm just getting tired of seeing the update pop up on my screen everytime I turn on the app. Lol.
I upgraded shortly after this version was released with no issues. The old days of upgrading firmware and then suddenly finding out that your system now has geo-fencing are over. They all do now, and the updates to that database are a separate process.

But regardless of all that, the reason you do want to upgrade is this: Optimized auto discharging function for the Intelligent Flight Battery. Added ability to set when auto discharge will begin. The default setting is five days. Note that DJI GO 4 v4.3.24 or later is required. Prior to this update - IIRC - you could not adjust the auto discharge time-frame, and it was set to 10 days by default. Being from New York as you are, I'm sure you have gotten everything all charged up with the best intentions to fly, only to be faced with poor weather for days... This is where that update comes in handy. I have mine set to three days on all 4 batts.

Reactions: Phantomrain.org
[emoji849] Reading this was like listening to a five year old tell a "story".
None of it makes any sense.
I got what he was saying. On these global forums, sometimes you have to be a flexible reader. Some do not speak/write perfect English, and some use software to dictate or translate, but in the end, we're all here for our love of this hobby, and what we may be able to learn and offer our fellow enthusiast.

Reactions: Mavic 57
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom