DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware version and aeroscope

Mavflyer

Reactions
I was wondering if Aeroscope still works with older firmware versions. I'm assuming the answer is that it doesn't matter the firmware version, and that aeroscope will work regardless since the capability is pretty much built in. Just seeing if anyone knows for sure.

I'll bite. What is it you want to do and not get caught? Come on, we are all friends here! :D

I just sit tight and watch this thread...though I know where its heading ;)

I dont do anything illegal on the internet, but I don't want people watching me. I dont do anything illegal in my home, but I don't want people watching me. I dont do anything illegal with my drone, and I prefer people not watching me. It has nothing to do with "not wanting to be caught"

Sorry, I think you are screwed. I'll start with an offer of 25 cents on the dollar to buy your unusable Government tracking device's :D

beyond flying in a faraday cage no, the signal cannot be blocked. dont mind them, typing out what they have been sold in their lives

Reactions: Mavflyer
I'll definitely fly no matter what, no cheap drone for you. ;) I was considering rolling back the firmware, and if it removed the aeroscope capability, it would be another point in favor of doing it.

I'll definitely fly no matter what, no cheap drone for you. ;) I was considering rolling back the firmware, and if it removed the aeroscope capability, it would be another point in favor of doing it.
I would stay updated. This way the app will at least notify you if you are about to do something they will want to watch. With the tens of thousands of drones out there now, I wouldnt expect yours to stand out of the crowd.
Fly and have fun!

Reactions: Anthony Viscomi
Go back to earlier fw like .700 and use a hacked app that has no dji phone home in it nor nagging fw update notif

Go back to earlier fw like .700 and use a hacked app that has no dji phone home in it nor nagging fw update notif
I was pretty much planning on it. I dont like the phone home. If aeroscope capability was gone too, even better. Oh well.

I feel like i just stepped into the Twilight Zone when I joined this thread. Do you exactly think that an Aeroscope is on every freaking corner. 1st of all there aren't many municipalities that have the budget, resources or even care about tracking an $800 toy drone. Prisons do/will have them and possibly government buildings. 2nd, uh you're on the freaking internet thus you're be tracked at this moment via you're IP address.

Reactions: MPDronePilot1
I was pretty much planning on it. I dont like the phone home. If aeroscope capability was gone too, even better. Oh well.

aero scope is in fact enabled by a firmware update in the flight controller to the wifi controller module, i believe in version 1.04.000 so if you roll back to anything before that the wifi module should not be broadcasting anything for aeroscope to receive as far as the drone and user identifiers.
it will probably see that a mavic is up but not what the serial number or owner's dji account is like normal

aero scope is in fact enabled by a firmware update in the flight controller to the wifi controller module, i believe in version 1.04.000 so if you roll back to anything before that the wifi module should not be broadcasting anything for aeroscope to receive as far as the drone and user identifiers.
it will probably see that a mavic is up but not what the serial number or owner's dji account is like normal
Yeah, DJI would never "brick" outdated firmware in order to stay in compliance with any future regulations ;)

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Yeah, DJI would never "brick" outdated firmware in order to stay in compliance with any future regulations ;)

which is why you downgrade and disable the call home and forced update service in the app then it's not even their choice anymore.

honestly i can see this whole forced update et al BS becoming illegal for them to do; at least in the usa.

cell phone carriers tried to force what was allowed to be done on smartphones and void contracts and warranties for things like custom firmwares or just the act of rooting.
now their required by law to allow you to take your phone and load whatever; they can still void the warranty if its found thats what caused the failure but they cant kick your contract out or void the warranty if it is not what actually caused the failure.
they also (provided the cell phone hardware is physically compatible) must allow unlocking your smartphone to transfer to another carrier as well.

which is why you downgrade and disable the call home and forced update service in the app then it's not even their choice anymore.

honestly i can see this whole forced update et al BS becoming illegal for them to do; at least in the usa.

cell phone carriers tried to force what was allowed to be done on smartphones and void contracts and warranties for things like custom firmwares or just the act of rooting.
now their required by law to allow you to take your phone and load whatever; they can still void the warranty if its found thats what caused the failure but they cant kick your contract out or void the warranty if it is not what actually caused the failure.
they also (provided the cell phone hardware is physically compatible) must allow unlocking your smartphone to transfer to another carrier as well.

All very good points, and correct. BUT most firmware updates IMPROVE things. so it sucks to be on windows 95 when you could be rocking windows10

All very good points, and correct. BUT most firmware updates IMPROVE things. so it sucks to be on windows 95 when you could be rocking windows10

lol ok so open the firmwares and pluck the modules you want out and keep the old versions of the wifi or whatever module you want to keep. they open as normal tar or zip files since they're pretty much android os update zips
it will boot fine with most module combos up until the 1.04.000 version since the 4.100 version changes the file system structure as far as i can tell; you may get some weird behavior though with some module combos. like if you mix the 3.700 aircraft controller module with the rest being from the 4.000 firmware everything works but precision landing becomes not so precise lol

@Mechcondrid Aeroscope aside - i'm a "if it works, don't fix it" kind of guy. i don't feel the need to "update" just because one is released. i'm on .600 on the MP and am happy without the results. would version 1.04.000 be a good controller fw for me?

@Mechcondrid Aeroscope aside - i'm a "if it works, don't fix it" kind of guy. i don't feel the need to "update" just because one is released. i'm on .600 on the MP and am happy without the results. would version 1.04.000 be a good controller fw for me?

there are a few improvements but nothing really groundbreaking, quickshots mode and dynamic home gets enabled in 1.04.0000 and gimbal control during fixed wing gets enabled in 1.03.0800, some rare dng and other camera bugs get fixes in 1.03.1000.
if you use the debug menu in assistant you will lose control of certain values in 1.03.0700 and 3.0900

Also from what DJI states, you'll need to update firmware if using the Low Noise Props. I believe it has something to do with vibration issues. This goes to show that there a MANY things contained within a newer version of firmware than just is what the Release Notes state.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Allezzov