DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware version inconsistent between Air2s and Mini 2 requiring constant RC updates???

Karlewski

Reactions
Every time I try to switch from my Mini 2 to my Air 2 S using the same controler I get this Message:

Firmware version inconsistent

and need to do a one minute update. . . if I have wifi... Often I am quite remote and do not have wifi so if I want to fly both ships I need to take 2 controllers. It SUCKS since I'm on some huge cliff digging out the 2nd controller, putting away the 1st and then reinstalling the phone not to mention just carrying 2 of the same RC's? WTF. Switching ships used to work fine between my now deceased Air 2 and the mini 2 and it was GREAT, just hold the pair button for 4 seconds and off goes the second ship. Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! I've updated all the batteries and everything. . . Thanks

I have. . . worth trying everything! Thanks for giving it a shot, I appreciate it!

DJI told me the Air 2 controller was unique and incompatible with any other drone. That I couldn't share the Air 2 controller with a Mini 2. So maybe you should ask them?

That can not be exactly right. I used to use my air 2 and mini 2 on the same controller all the time. . . lots of YouTube videos on it too???

I bought a fly more with a Smart Controller - and wanted the standard controller as a backup. When I went shopping for one, I asked DJI if I could use a Mini 2 controller (found one on the cheap) - DJI said it wouldn't work.

Maybe the tech I was talking to was clueless. If they are interchangeable, and it seems thy might be, DJI cost me a few bills on that one.

One thought, are all of your batteries using the same (updated) firmware?

I have tried everything but older versions of the app. I used the mini 2 Rc, new to me, controller to successfully fly the air 2 and mini 2 back to back?..? I also updated all the batteries. I’ve tried all 3 Rc’s, minis air 2 and air2 s, thanks for trying to help, we’ll get it eventually. I am a bit miffed DJI has not sai anything and I posted it on their forum as well?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wlochaty