DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Firmware versions

gcopter1

Reactions
I'm curious to know, how often does DJI updates firmware on brand new, unsold stock?
What I'm trying to ascertain is, how would I know if the drone I'm about to buy, has an older or newer firmware version installed.
Is there a date/serial number combination I can check prior to buying?

No. But, the good news is that there are ways to manually roll back the firmware if needed.

Reactions: gcopter1
I can't imagine DJI ever updates existing stock still sealed in the box, there is no need to and would incur additional cost to do so.

Reactions: dtp
be aware the Mavic 2 last firmware can't be rolled back as of yet...

Sneaky DJI has changed the .400/300 firmware on their servers and put anti-roll back into it, this was previously not enabled. They did this without telling anyone.

I can't imagine DJI ever updates existing stock still sealed in the box, there is no need to and would incur additional cost to do so.
Wasn't exactly asking about that.
My thinking was that, at some point along, "old" inventory is depleted and "newer" stock introduced into the distribution chain, with newer firmware.

Reactions: HighTechPauper
Wasn't exactly asking about that.
My thinking was that, at some point along, "old" inventory is depleted and "newer" stock introduced into the distribution chain, with newer firmware.
Sorry for the late reply. There are still 2 possibilities that occur in this situation...
One, hardware tests are not rewritten to top assembly test with new firmware so they leave the old on it to support automated testing.
Two, tests are updated for the new firmware and they load the latest before testing.
I unfortunately don't know what they do so I can't say which it might be.

I'm curious to know, how often does DJI updates firmware on brand new, unsold stock?
What I'm trying to ascertain is, how would I know if the drone I'm about to buy, has an older or newer firmware version installed.
DJI Serial Number Decoder

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harrisonford