DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First attempt using Boomerang mode (short video)

bertschb

Reactions
I decided to carry my MA with me on my daily hike here in Palm Springs, CA where I spend the winter. It was actually pretty windy when I reached my turn around point and fired it up to try the various Quickshot modes but the gimbal worked great to stabilize the video. Sorry there's no audio. This was just a quick test. This is my 4th DJI drone. Super impressed so far!

Beautiful. I notice that you are not holding the controller. Did you just initiate the mode and then quickly put it down or did you have someone else controlling the remote?

Great shot. Super example of how this mode should be used.
Too many people just watch the drone as it circles around them, or have the controller in their hand etc. Your example looks much more 'natural' - constantly looking forward and out over the scenery, with controller not in hand (although I would have tried to hide it down beside a rock or something so it couldn't be seen as easily).

I would also have tried another shot, but staying completely still - almost like a 'bullet time' effect ;)

If only I had scenery like that where I live!!! :(

...(although I would have tried to hide it down beside a rock or something so it couldn't be seen as easily)...

Yeah, I definitely was NOT trying to create anything fancy. This was my first time messing with Quickshot modes. I didn't bother to edit the video or add sound, etc. Just wanted folks to see how easy it is to get an interesting video the very first time you press the button. I wasn't paying attention to lighting, angles, which direction to fly, starting points, my position, etc. I didn't even bother to check the video settings beforehand. Just pressed "go" and let the little MA do it's thing.

If a person got serious, they could capture some amazing footage!

Reactions: Ifti
What did you do on your watch? A super secret new feature? :D

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahb