DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini 2 First Attempt @ Video Publishing

Prop Wash

Premium Pilot
Reactions
This is my first attempt @ publishing a video for others to see. By comparison with so many others here, I'm pretty sure no one will be ooo-ing and ahhing over it. Backstory - about a month ago we had Show-n-Tell @ work. So I flew from my backyard. I was going to go to 400 ft, but when it got to 300, the M2 was getting too small. I decided not to punch out to 400'. The video was longer then and I showed off the M2 and this video w/o music. I see the horizon is not flat - I'll adjust that. They liked it. So I decided to edit it down some more and added music to this one using OpenShot Video Editor. Not as powerful as Davinci Resolve, worked okay. So...I give you..."300 Feet." Pointers, Tips, Suggestions & Criticism Welcome!

300 Feet

This is my first attempt @ publishing a video for others to see. By comparison with so many others here, I'm pretty sure no one will be ooo-ing and ahhing over it. Backstory - about a month ago we had Show-n-Tell @ work. So I flew from my backyard. I was going to go to 400 ft, but when it got to 300, the M2 was getting too small. I decided not to punch out to 400'. The video was longer then and I showed off the M2 and this video w/o music. I see the horizon is not flat - I'll adjust that. They liked it. So I decided to edit it down some more and added music to this one using OpenShot Video Editor. Not as powerful as Davinci Resolve, worked okay. So...I give you..."300 Feet." Pointers, Tips, Suggestions & Criticism Welcome!

300 Feet
Well, i thought it was lovely! Would have loved to see the camera facing away from the sun and showing off the light. But nicely done... great drama in the music! much better than most of my vids... :)

Nice first video. We all learn, and pick up tips and processing ideas by watching others on this forum. I know I have, and still do. One of the greatest (IMO) up and coming young drone cinematographers is a guy in Hamburg, Germany by the name of Niklas Christl. He just racked up 2k YouTube subscribers.You’ll see why when you check this out….

Reactions: B52-D and Prop Wash
@Squidinc - I whole-heartedly agree. So many great videos on here to learn from. That's exactly why I like this site. Great examples, great pilots to learn from and those pilots are willing to help those of who have less experience. Thanks for that video - I liked it a lot.

Nice!

Yes, Dorothy, you're still in Kansas. That there looks like some flat terrain.
?? - this area is a bit "flatter" - I'm about 20 miles NE of Sacramento, Ca. To the east, it starts getting into the foothills and the Sierra Nevada mountains beyond that.

Reactions: flightrisk
True that! I need to close my eyes and stick my finger on the map and go fly there. It's beautiful up there summer or winter.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada