DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First charge, how long?

WolfSpring

Reactions
I tired searching, but didn't find what I was looking for. I just got my MA 2 like 20 minutes ago, I have read and read and watched every thing I could find and know I need to use the single charger to activate the battery, but do I have to charge all 3 to 100% before using them to do the firmware updates and registration before I can use the hub? The first one is at about 75%(3 lights) right now and if I have to wait so is life, but I'd rather charge each of them activate them and get all three charging and do all the software stuff rather than waiting hours. Worst case the first one will be done in another 20 mins and I wait for the next two while doing software.

I tired searching, but didn't find what I was looking for. I just got my MA 2 like 20 minutes ago, I have read and read and watched every thing I could find and know I need to use the single charger to activate the battery, but do I have to charge all 3 to 100% before using them to do the firmware updates and registration before I can use the hub? The first one is at about 75%(3 lights) right now and if I have to wait so is life, but I'd rather charge each of them activate them and get all three charging and do all the software stuff rather than waiting hours. Worst case the first one will be done in another 20 mins and I wait for the next two while doing software.
Patience, Grasshopper! ;)

I thought about doing that, but I got nothing better to do, I purchased DJI Refresh Care and put my registration and phone number on the drone for now, can't fly right away anyway I live on a military base and can't fly probably till tomorrow after work.

Reactions: pelagic_one
I thought about doing that, but I got nothing better to do, I purchased DJI Refresh Care and put my registration and phone number on the drone for now, can't fly right away anyway I live on a military base and can't fly probably till tomorrow after work.
Exactly! ? Have fun tomorrow! Thumbswayup

Luckily I have plenty of that, 1st one is almost done, but even with patience there is efficiency :p
It was obvious to me that by the time you got an answer, the process would already be completed. You only need to do it once.

I was anxious to see if my ma2 would have the well known activation issue. After I activated it successfully I then charged the battery up to 100%.

Reactions: InvisibleName
Apologize for hijacking the thread, but if you never knew these and you used the single charger and instead used the 3 battery charger, would that make a difference to the battery life or what not? What are the consequences of that?

Apologize for hijacking the thread, but if you never knew these and you used the single charger and instead used the 3 battery charger, would that make a difference to the battery life or what not? What are the consequences of that?

no it's a switch and a passthrough. takes same time to charge minus the time it takes to decide which one to charge first.

Reactions: dawgpilot
Thank you all for the input. I had watched that video and many others before I even received my MA2, I am a paranoid person when it comes to new products and usually spend a couple days watching youtube and reading everything I can find. I had patience and charged each battery with the single charger, after the first one was charged I plugged it up and did all the updating firmware and played around with settings, even in the house I can't fly due to geofencing, and it took the first battery down to 89%. As each battery charged to 100% and lights turned off I put them in the drone and updated them as well. My only issue so far is the phone charging, which I thought I read somewhere could be toggled off, just doing the the updates and settings it took my controller down to 75% to charge my phone, I wasn't a fan of that on the mini and hate the fact that it's not an option to switch off with my android phone, I will also be using a tab A when I fly and if 20 minutes or so of settings and firmware took it down 25% how is 3 batteries worth of flying while trying to constantly charge a device going to work? My Phantom 2 I think I charged it every 15 flights or so I rarely ever charged it. I can't wait to get some down time and go somewhere I can fly this, but it might have to wait till the weekend.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS