DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Crash :(...idk what went wrong

m4v1c

Reactions
So I experienced my first crash yesterday :(...I have no idea what went wrong; I used about ~80% of my battery before flying it back to where I was & to land it.

As I was planning to land it, the Mavic wouldn't land even though I held the Left stick down like I usually do. I did NOT get any signal+transmission/sensor/battery/etc. warnings or messages at all. The drone started to "wander," but was responsive to my controls. Eventually I tried hand catching it, I turned off the bottom sensors and held the base while holding the Left stick down, BUT the drone just wouldn't stop its propellers (this method has ALWAYS worked for me!!). At this point I think I panicked and put the drone down too fast (sensors were off) and it slammed against the ground & flipped onto its topside. I couldn't shut off the motors and had to manaully turn the battery off as the props were viciously spinning.

Airdata UAV - Flight Data Analysis for Drones I attached my Healthy Drone file; here are my questions.

1) Is there a proper way to do a full assessment? Or is looking at the Aircraft Status tab in the app enough?

2) After I visually checking it, I attached a new battery. Everything in Aircraft Status was NORMAL (compass, IMU, ESC, Rc controller, sensors, battery+temp, gimbal). Should I sent it in to DJI to do like a whole check up???--I have DJI care.

3) Any idea why it didn't land even though it was a few feet from the floor & I held my thumb on the Left stick (didn't get a msg sayign it was unsafe to land)? Or when I turned off the downward sensors and tried hand catching it?

3) Only warning I got after flying it again, "Gimbal Abnormal Vibration." I then noticed the gimbal plate was deattached from the "L bracket" thus I popped it back in and the error message was gone. How does my gimbal look?
upload_2017-4-10_8-24-44.png

4) Tested the Drone today and I noticed the Gimbal Horizon isn't straight; I know that I can adjust the gimbal horizon on Go4, but is this just a short-term fix? I'm worried about any permanent damage.
upload_2017-4-10_8-32-52.png

Overall, should I send it in to DJI for them to do a full assessment since I have DJI care? When I flew it today, every appeared normal; RTH, all commands, front & bottom sensors, camera+gimbal, etc works.

THANK YOU :D!

Attachments

• upload_2017-4-10_7-50-49.png
    upload_2017-4-10_7-50-49.png
    3 MB · Views: 37
At any point did you attempt to land it by pressing the landing button in the app rather than just throttling down?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kramme