DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash in 2 almost 3 years. Track record broken.

jaysrmc

Reactions
I was doing an inspection on some solar equipment. No big deal. I take off, do my inspection press return to home. It comes location and starts to go down but the sun is an obsticle so it goes backwards during RTH and hits a fence. Only tore up props. Scratch on the camera at the bottom but nothing broke other than a prop. I of course changed all the props but just rember dumb crap like this happens a lot if you don't pay attention and are in a hurry. As soon as I saw it going back, I should have stopped the RTH and gave it thrust but I didn't that it would back up that far. U can not believe that that is all that broke. I for sure I thought it was going to have something wrong with the gimbal at least. Nope running great, changed props finished inspection. 40 bucks for 10 min of work minus the props so that job only paid out 20 bucks but my normal inspections take about 30 minutes. I get 40 an inspection with this company. When I do them for the department of Engergy, they pay by the job too but they pay more around 150 a job. Those take anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours.

40 bucks for 10 min of work minus the props so that job only paid out 20 bucks but my normal inspections take about 30 minutes. I get 40 an inspection with this company. When I do them for the department of Engergy, they pay by the job too but they pay more around 150 a job. Those take anywhere from 1 hour to 2 hours.
Glad you're up and running and thanks for the peek into your work!

Reactions: razoraerial
Bummer. Least not to bad in damage. Very cool about the jobs setup. Would like that myself. Funny the smallest things that get us.
Bud if you have ur 107 I will tell you how I started and now this is my main source of income.

I do some engineering work for some companies in China designing flight controllers for FPV quads because right now they get knocked off as soon as a legit one is released but with the help of a CTM2 in the Navy that has been helping encrypt everything. We don't think it will happen for a while on the one we are making.

The problem he says is that if we design something with the encryption method we want to use, they can only be sold in the states and can not be sent to other countries. Not sure if that is true but I hope this takes off and I can hire someone to do the inspections.

Reactions: razoraerial
Glad you're up and running and thanks for the peek into your work!
I will be more than happy to tell anyone how to get clients.

1. Free work. Drive around, find some houses up for sale. Take some runs at it and photos. Find the address of the agent and drive by and drop them off on a thumb drive with your info and the photos. Do this a lot.

2 Then Target solar companies, do the same thing.

3 Then I targeted roofing companies.

Most recently I am working with the city of Phoenix fire and rescue to secure a contract to find lost hikers. I have some quads that have night vision setup too.

The city of Phoenix deal came through when I helped park rangers locate a homeless base camp that was making some sort of illegal research chemicals. They called me because I am constantly at the park helping people learn to fly. I also do that as well. I advertise with magnets on my doors.

I'm have moved on to fpv because I have found that I don't enjoy flaying as much as I do fpv because the adrenaline rush is crazy flying 3 feet above the ground at 60mph dodging stuff. It's like a drug, so much so that my wife has secured a loan so that we can do a local shop.

Right now people just call or bring their quads to me for repair or parts. We have lots of stock because we haven't found a location yet. No I do not repair dji. Those repairs will be shipped to rob. I have no interest in DJI drones unless it's for work flying them.

Bud if you have ur 107 I will tell you how I started and now this is my main source of income.

I do some engineering work for some companies in China designing flight controllers for FPV quads because right now they get knocked off as soon as a legit one is released but with the help of a CTM2 in the Navy that has been helping encrypt everything. We don't think it will happen for a while on the one we are making.

The problem he says is that if we design something with the encryption method we want to use, they can only be sold in the states and can not be sent to other countries. Not sure if that is true but I hope this takes off and I can hire someone to do the inspections.
Yes it’s true. I am a programmer and there are crazy encryption laws for other countries. Some can use low levels and some countries none. Heck yeah I would be interested.

1. Free work. Drive around, find some houses up for sale. Take some runs at it and photos. Find the address of the agent and drive by and drop them off on a thumb drive with your info and the photos. Do this a lot.

Most recently I am working with the city of Phoenix fire and rescue to secure a contract to find lost hikers. I have some quads that have night vision setup too.

The city of Phoenix deal came through when I helped park rangers locate a homeless base camp that was making some sort of illegal research chemicals. They called me because I am constantly at the park helping people learn to fly. I also do that as well. I advertise with magnets on my doors.

I'm have moved on to fpv because I have found that I don't enjoy flaying as much as I do fpv because the adrenaline rush is crazy flying 3 feet above the ground at 60mph dodging stuff. It's like a drug, so much so that my wife has secured a loan so that we can do a local shop.

Right now people just call or bring their quads to me for repair or parts. We have lots of stock because we haven't found a location yet. No I do not repair dji. Those repairs will be shipped to rob. I have no interest in DJI drones unless it's for work flying them.
Thank you so much. Opened my eyes for sure. Great ideas

Reactions: mereflyer
Thank you so much. Opened my eyes for sure. Great ideas
I know it sucks at first you will be working for free but once you make an impression, they will come. Another thing that helped when targeting a big realtor who has tons of partners is to drop off the thumb drive with the video and photos and tape it to the top. I usually say to the receptionist that I'm not a good salesman but I'm one hell of a drone pilot. It breaks the ice and that is the she is the gatekeeper.

I have to agree with you on the FPV. your statement is so true. I fly FPV first and will do photo/ video if the scenery is good

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada