DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash! Need help with repair.

Sk8trc

Reactions
Was trying out active track mode and was tracking my 4 year old kid. I told her to run away but she ran towards me instead of away and my mavic pro smashed into a little wooden pavilion that was behind me at the park we were at. I know, I'm an idiot. I should have been more out in the open. Lesson learned. So I ended up with a little damage though and was hoping for some help. The little "L" bracket on the gimbal vibration plate broke. I'm pretty sure I've got that covered though. I ordered a new plate already. My real question is that the right rear arm took some damage where it meets the body. There is a little tab, flap, something, whatever you want to call it just above where the arm meets the body (see pic) that is cracked. The right rear arm now sits a little higher than the left and it seems a little less stable now. Is that piece included with the arm or is that part of the body? I've looked at a bunch of pics of various parts to order and i dont see it. What do I order to get that piece? I've re-calibrated everything and it seems to be acting ok aside from the arms being uneven. Is there anything else I should do or check just to be sure?

Thanks!20180106_232822.jpg 20180106_232852.jpg

I think you will need a bottom case and a new arm. That piece is a seperate piece and there have been a number of reports this weekend of people breaking them. I dont know where you reside but @Thunderdrones knows how to fix them up!

EDIT: Do not attempt to fire it up like that, the props will hit the body and cause more damage.

I think you will need a bottom case and a new arm. That piece is a seperate piece and there have been a number of reports this weekend of people breaking them. I dont know where you reside but @Thunderdrones knows how to fix them up!

EDIT: Do not attempt to fire it up like that, the props will hit the body and cause more damage.
I'm in Houston. By separate piece, do I have to go out and buy that somewhere else or is it included with any other part?

Its a cheap repair for parts but requires a complete strip down

I would recommend getting @Thunderdrones to repair it

It is possible to repair it yourself if you are handy and can use a soldering iron
View attachment 28233 View attachment 28234
I'm an electronics technician by trade and have taken apart and repaired my old phantom 1 back in the day so I was hoping that I would be able to get it done by myself. Of course I didn't get care refresh cause I was too excited to get out and fly that I never bothered to stop and get it done. Another lesson learned I guess.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WonkyBroxy