DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash now a camera sensor error

Kevin Cummings

Reactions
It was pretty much a very uneventful flight until I got the low battery warning (set at 25%). I was bringing in by decreasing altitude and going forward towards my takeoff point. It was around 20 or so feet up and 30 feet away when it went sideways toward a tree.
I'm guessing I clipped a branch on that same tree but it wasn't evident from where I was standing. The Mavic continued to fly even though it was tangled up in the branches. I attempted to fly it out of the tree but it just made it worse so I shut it down. It was in the tree about 12 feet up so easily retrieved.
Upon examining one prop was broken and the nacelle around the left collision sensor was missing (found it on the ground after). There is also a dent in the plastic of the nose. I replaced the prop and snapped the nacelle back into place. A check of the gimbal showed no visible damage.

With a new battery installed I turned everything on and got the Camera Sensor Error. I rechecked everything and started it back up, same. I took off to a hover and tested all of the flight directions, all good except no picture relayed to my display.

Contacting DJI Monday.

Last edited:
This happened to my mavic too, in my case it was clipping a carport when returning home. There was no visible damage to the gimbal. I had to send it in to DJI for repairs (I don't have refresh) and $300 and 2 months later got the bird back. They had to replace the gimbal and said there was some arm damage, which again, I didn't see any visible damage.

I think DJI is really cashing in on these gimbal repairs, I appreciate and get it's fantastic machinery, but coming from the previous phantom series that could survive a tornado...

Upon having time and thinking about two previous flights I may have to call into question a possible glitch in the latest software that I had installed a few days previous.
The first flight after updating (.700) I noticed a momentary erratic operation while flying in sport mode at 150 to 200 ft up. I brought it down and inspected it and didn't see anything wrong with the craft, continued with flying with that battery with no incident.
I replaced the battery with a second during that same session and flight was normal except shortly after takeoff at about 20 feet up it hesitated and wobbled a bit. Again, I brought it down but everything checked out, subsequent flight time was normal.
Looking at the flight yesterday is now making me wonder if I had the same glitch when I was bringing it in. Looking at the flight logs reveals nothing abnormal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ParKOR