DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First crash today, what to expect?...

LTfromSD

Reactions
I hit a palm tree up about 25 feet up, broke two props and hard crash to dirt below with props still moving. I had a hard time getting the gimble stabilizer plastic piece on it for transportation and am wondering what to expect when I get the new props on it and fire it up? Will it just fly like normal possibly? Does the gimble and camera take a good beating and return to normal perhaps? Sucks, charging now and will get it back up soon.

I hit a palm tree up about 25 feet up, broke two props and hard crash to dirt below with props still moving. I had a hard time getting the gimble stabilizer plastic piece on it for transportation and am wondering what to expect when I get the new props on it and fire it up? Will it just fly like normal possibly? Does the gimble and camera take a good beating and return to normal perhaps? Sucks, charging now and will get it back up soon.
Can you post a picture of your gimbal and plate? Are you interested in repairing it yourself if need be? You may wish to contact @Thunderdrones. Do you have care refresh? 25 feet onto dirt is quite a fall.

Reactions: Former Member
Can you post a picture of your gimbal and plate? Are you interested in repairing it yourself if need be? You may wish to contact @Thunderdrones. Do you have care refresh? 25 feet onto dirt is quite a fall.

No Care refresh as far as I know unless it came with the purchase directly from DJI. I will take a picture and post it, I may repair myself if it is not bad and fairly easy but this is my first "real" quad/drone and I don't want to screw it up.

The gimbal is really sensitive. If it takes a hard impact while powered, it more than likely will burn out and die. You are looking at a 70% chance your gimbal will fail and you will see an error message "Gimbal motor overloaded"

Reactions: LTfromSD
No Care refresh as far as I know unless it came with the purchase directly from DJI. I will take a picture and post it, I may repair myself if it is not bad and fairly easy but this is my first "real" quad/drone and I don't want to screw it up.
Even before powering it on, make sure the gimbal can move freely, and isn't stuck.

Reactions: LTfromSD
The gimbal is really sensitive. If it takes a hard impact while powered, it more than likely will burn out and die. You are looking at a 70% chance your gimbal will fail and you will see an error message "Gimbal motor overloaded"

Thanks thats what I am afraid of. And then the gimble itself would have to be replaced?

Are you located in the lower 48? Thunderdrones does excellent work at extremely reasonable prices, @Cyberpower678 makes a very valid point Regarding the gimbal.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
James Hoogenboom