DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

first crash

wop68

Reactions
hey all.
i have a mavic pro 2. i was coming in to land and the drone got interference and crashed at around 6 feet. it still flights but the camera gimbal maybe broken?
when i turn off the drone and restart it, the gimble does its start up but rotates to the left and right only before stopping on the right. i can see the camera is showing what it's looking at but wont face forwards. i go into the camera menu settings but the gimbal re calibrate section is missing.
would it be a broken or disattached ribbon?

thanks for your reply in advanve

Sort to hear that. If you roll the AC side to side does the gimbal try and stay level? I’m guessing pitch up and down aren’t working?

With the AC powered off is there any noticeable resistance to moving the gimbal in all directions? If not it could be the drive to the gimbal motors that has failed. I would be checking the connectors are fully seated.

Sort to hear that. If you roll the AC side to side does the gimbal try and stay level? I’m guessing pitch up and down aren’t working?

With the AC powered off is there any noticeable resistance to moving the gimbal in all directions? If not it could be the drive to the gimbal motors that has failed. I would be checking the connectors are fully seated.
thank you for your reply.
the gimbal doesnt move at all. the camera is putting out a picture but i have no control over the gimbal. on the remote i would mormally twist the wheels and the gimbal would move but not any more.

i broke down the gimbal today.all the cables/ribbons are connected,but the signal cable looks in a state...as in looks very flimsey. i put it back together and tried again and it does its start up and then finishes looking to the right and stays there.

i have no gimbal setting. when i press the 3 dots. it should be underneath the AC battery setting BUT its not. im wondering when i had the crash did it do something to the signal cable and thats why i have no gimbal setting.

thank you.

It’s hard to say the cause but it may just need re-calibrating. I would expect the gimbal motors are controlled through the flexible ribbon cables - signal cables would normally be round and screened to prevent, or at least minimise interference of the signal.

Try searching the forum for gimbal calibration, someone has probably seen this before.

let me know how you go.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SkyTechDji