DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First day flying video.

SeaOfStatic

Reactions
I was super jerky with my turns and camera movements, hence the quick cuts to cover it, and my footage is completely blown out most of the time. I do have ND filters with polarization, have to play with them. Beyond that, I was scared. I’ve never flown a drone or anything like it before. I must have watched 100 hours of YouTube videos before even taking it out. Anyway, had fun.

Nice job getting it up in the air and capturing some video! Keep on watching the videos, they will address the jerky movement issues. It also looks like the gimball roll is off a bit, I had the same issue with a tilted horizon, changed that setting and now its all fixed. I personally have learned a lot from this guy: Ed Ricker Vlogs

Reactions: SeaOfStatic
Re calibrate that gimbal immediately! Way off. That horizon is so tilted its painful. Also make sure your gimbal roll parameter in DJIGO 4 is near or at 0 . Then fly again up to an altitiude to see the horizon on the live video feed. Let the Mavic hover by taking your fingers off the sticks . Then look at the horizon. It should be dead level across in a horizontal direction. If not use Gimbal Roll parameter to adjust it. Do this on a full battery. Actually you should always fly with a full battery.

Re calibrate that gimbal immediately! Way off. That horizon is so tilted its painful. Also make sure your gimbal roll parameter in DJIGO 4 is near or at 0 . Then fly again up to an altitiude to see the horizon on the live video feed. Let the Mavic hover by taking your fingers off the sticks . Then look at the horizon. It should be dead level across in a horizontal direction. If not use Gimbal Roll parameter to adjust it. Do this on a full battery. Actually you should always fly with a full battery.

I know what happened. I had flown briefly and everything was blown out, so I landed and put on ND filter without recalibrating, so it was off. Thanks for your advice!

Reactions: BD0G
Yeah you are! That sunset under the bridge shot was spot on!

You color grading?

I’m just doing basic stuff in iMovie with it. Boosting contrast/saturation here and there and obviously did the black and white thing. Not real grading.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
petravka