DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Drone Project. All opinions wanted!

JohnAengus

Reactions
Greetings everyone. I filmed the installation of a new MRI where I work. This is my first video project. I know there are issues with it, but I’d like to hear what other think. Some footage is from an iPhone. The flying shots are from the Air 2. It was a challenge to color grade. Give me your honest opinions. Than you.

Last edited:
You did a fantastic Job , but you dont want really want people to be able to download it so change your link to where the video plays but does not need to be downloaded. More so because it commercial work and its yours and its great.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and Land on Water.

Reactions: Knox360vt
You did a fantastic Job , but you dont want really want people to be able to download it so change your link to where the video plays but does not need to be downloaded. More so because it commercial work and its yours and its great.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly your Mavic in the Rain / Snow and Land on Water.

I saw that and changed my link. First time linking a video too,

JohnAengus, really nice job! I appreciated most that you were not hampered at all by something that always makes me pause--being immobilized by not being able to fly over non-participants. I know the solutions, but it always seems like a damper to me: you did a great job in those first 20 seconds or so of using limited airspace and still giving movement when you yourself could not really move a lot.

I thought I might have substituted a couple seconds from the final shot with a couple more seconds of the (cool) use of the blueprints, albeit from a different angle, or a different page of the prints. But overall, I was really impressed!

Reactions: JohnAengus
Interesting video.
Do you have footage of the main portion going throught the roof, a 'repeat', if you like, of the shot at 28sec.
It looks like those guys were being extremely careful with that thing.

Awesome job if you ask me. That crane operator was incredible. :)

Interesting video.
Do you have footage of the main portion going throught the roof, a 'repeat', if you like, of the shot at 28sec.
It looks like those guys were being extremely careful with that thing.
I don’t have any footage as it first came through the roof. I had run inside and setup the iPhone quickly to get what I did.

They were very delicate with everything. It was flown to the US from Germany and trucked from South Carolina to South Dakota. Only cost $1.2 million.

Greetings everyone. I filmed the installation of a new MRI where I work. This is my first video project. I know there are issues with it, but I’d like to hear what other think. Some footage is from an iPhone. The flying shots are from the Air 2. It was a challenge to color grade. Give me your honest opinions. Than you.

I think you did a great job on this. Loved the sound effect when the man was screwing in a nut or something. I only have a couple suggestions.

1. I know you have limited airspace, but maybe move around a little more, and give an idea of what the whole location looks like.

2. At the end, the still shot of the MRI could have been spruced up a bit by either adding a zoom, walking around the MRI, or, like 'Winston Bull' said, add some of those cool blueprints and the end.

Good Job, color was nice too .

Reactions: Rodtip

Are you kidding us? This was absolutely fantastic. You need no advise from us! Wonderful film. I was actually entranced from the first moment. The expertise of those workmen are very impressive. They are to be commended for their expertise and ability to fine tune the installation. I have always wondered how in the heck they get such a piece of equipment into a small room like that. I could go on, but, bottom line, this was a great feat and an expert video. Is that Spearfish like in the town in North Dakota?

Dale
Miami

Great job I like the sound effects to

Very good! As "Mavic Rules" suggested, a wide shot showing the entire facility would have been great. That kind of show always gives the viewer a better perspective on the story being told by your video. You could have also flown directly above the crane hold the main part of the MRI, shooting straight down so we could also see the whole in the building. I've done that shot many times on crane videos I've done for my work. It looks cool. I liked that we got to see the finished, installed MRI at the end. Nice touch. You did have a couple shots inside as the MRI came in that were out-of-focus. Watch that in the future. If you're using your iPhone, make sure you touch the screen where you want the focus to be. But overall, very good video. I really enjoyed watching it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Deltabird