DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First editing attempts

Great first try ? Be aware that speeding up in post can look a bit funky if you have moving objects on ground ... then as always, smooth moves & try to avoid quick jerky gimbal pitches up/down or yaw movements in a similar way.

Hey! This is a great first effort! I love the locations in there. As you progress, work to cut out shots where there are abrupt changes in direction or speed. That makes things flow better. And, like slup said, watch out for odd things in sped up footage. If you like that look, you might try some hyperlapses. Does the mini do those? I'm not sure.

Really well done though. Solid music choice as well.

Thank you for the advices ,I am still learning to fly this tiny drone so I must get used to smooth movements on the joysticks and the gimbal

Reactions: IShouldBeWorking
Been there a couple of times, such a great location to fly drones and capture amazing scenes. Nice video!

I did the same thing! Took my Mav down a trail and had it in tripod mode. After speeding up the video (so it wasn't 30 minuets long) I realized how many jerky moves I made. So.... it's all deleted and I will give it another try!

Hi there ,I am a new mm owner and a new pilot .
My first editing atempt with filmora program
Enjoy and please feel free to give advice and tips
First off...I am very impressed! It looks like you have been flying for a while. The only critique I have is that one tiny quick YAW which could be edited out. The scenery choices were beautiful. The music was quite appropriate, and the clip durations were just right, if not a bit too short-maybe a few more seconds to enjoy the scenery would have been nice. Secondly, I'm impressed with there quality of video with the Mavic Mini. Thirdly, also impressed withe Filmora abilities in editing. If I ever get tired of paying $$$ ford Adobe Premiere Pro, I'd seriously consider Filmora.

Good job all in all.

Dale
Miami

Yes this is a really good first effort. Well done! A few of the shots were overexposed but that's tricky when pointed directly at the sun/sunset. A few slightly jerky shots too. Apart from that some really beautiful shots in there and it definitely doesn't look like you've just starting flying. Keep it up!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bbj5143