DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First ever 4K clip with a M2Z! And it's a waterfall!

Neil1976

Reactions
Greetings from picturesque North Wales!

After lurking on this forum for what seems like an eternity, I’ve finally bought myself a M2Z and I’m loving it so far! I’ve still got lots to learn, but I’ve just published my first ever YouTube video, here:

I’m hoping to try and post stuff semi-regularly, but constructive feedback is always welcome :)

Last edited:
Beautiful location and capture! Enjoyed your vid.
All I would have added might be a view straight down from above the falls and maybe a pan up after that. Just my &0.02

Reactions: Neil1976
All I would have added might be a view straight down from above the falls and maybe a pan up after that. Just my &0.02
I actually plan to capture something like that this weekend. Cheers for the feedback!

Reactions: mereflyer
Fantastic mix of nature and water! Well done!

This is great video, I do think the first few seconds could have been shortened as I was thinking it’s nice, but didn’t realize there would be more as you flew up. Also, do you use an editing program at all? I’ve found I can hide mistakes I make in flying or camera movements in editing, also you can enhance the color for even more dramatic video...other than those minor items, I thought I was great, especially for a new pilot.

I like the slow reveal of more and more water. At the end, I was hoping for a quick pan back and up to get a shot of the entire falls. Great job.

Well a really nice shot and that is the critic- it's just a clip and not a video.
The shot is really good and if you add some other shots- maybe a circle, a view from above and maybe a long shot flying backwards to reveal the whole scenery- then you have a good vid.
Anyway, a good beginning, go this way!

Ciao Rob

Yes- my thoughts exactly- very nice controlled rising of the drone with smooth flight . I too would have liked downward view. I can imagine you were in a constricted space and afraid to go astray from your necessarily vertical path. Good job.

Well done! I agree with the othes members. Beautiful shot. Very smooth and well controlled. Only thing missing is a downward view!

Greetings from picturesque North Wales!

After lurking on this forum for what seems like an eternity, I’ve finally bought myself a M2Z and I’m loving it so far! I’ve still got lots to learn, but I’ve just published my first ever YouTube video, here:

I’m hoping to try and post stuff semi-regularly, but constructive feedback is always welcome :)
Congrats on your M2Z acquisition.
Not sure what app you are using for post film editing but recommend trying some zoom transitions next time. Especially towards the top of waterfall where people are standing. You have a lethal camera for filming in 4K and there is virtually no loss in picture quality doing at post edit. That's what makes 4K filming so awesome.

Welcome to the Mavic happy snap club!

This video is fantastic. I love the smoothness of the drone and it's revelation of this beautiful natural waterfall.

Very well done video, as you live in a PAL environment (Wales) why did you shoot in 24P and nor 25P, as you would then have an extra frame each second and so a slightly smoother video at no extra cost?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Htrismegistus