DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight and my Mavic 2 Pro has a major issue with its camera.

MavPro72

Reactions
First flight today. Rec'd it exactly this time last week, but wanted to get my 107 in before i took flight. So not done anything with the drone until now. So anyway cutting a long story short, everything is completely blown out purple from the camera. On the feed to my iPhone 11 Pro & on the recording on the SD card. Gutted. I reset the camera settings hoping it was something borked software wise.. My firmware is all upto date. Guessing i just got a bad unit. I still did spend the entire battery flying using my eyes for guidance rather than the purple blobs all over the screen. Actually really enjoyed the flying time despite the camera not working.

What is DJI's customer service like ? Unless someone tells me its completely amazing, I guessing I'm better off just better off returning the unit to Adorama where i purchased it from ? Pic attached. :(

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    35.9 KB · Views: 67
If you have tried a full camera reset, different card, and different cable I would return it for a full refund. Adorama is great on issues like this.

If you send it to DJI, odds are you will get a refurb, with it's own possible issues.

If you return it, Adorama will send a new in the box unit.

Sorry to see this on a brand new drone.

Paul C

Reactions: Skyflyer129
First flight today. Rec'd it exactly this time last week, but wanted to get my 107 in before i took flight. So not done anything with the drone until now. So anyway cutting a long story short, everything is completely blown out purple from the camera. On the feed to my iPhone 11 Pro & on the recording on the SD card. Gutted. I reset the camera settings hoping it was something borked software wise.. My firmware is all upto date. Guessing i just got a bad unit. I still did spend the entire battery flying using my eyes for guidance rather than the purple blobs all over the screen. Actually really enjoyed the flying time despite the camera not working.

What is DJI's customer service like ? Unless someone tells me its completely amazing, I guessing I'm better off just better off returning the unit to Adorama where i purchased it from ? Pic attached. :(
That's unfortunate, but yes, it sounds like you received a bad unit. The retailer should understand that and do a 1 for 1 exchange of a new unit.

If this is something that was normal, and the issue onset after a few flights that would be a different story and likely a direct to DJI scenario.

Yeah, that's pretty messed up, I don't think there's any way to fix that. I would send it to DJI and let them replace the camera, but that's just me. Returning it would work too. I just figure it's not their fault, it's DJI that needs to fix it either way. So either you return it to them or andorama will do so. I guess it depends on which would be faster for you, but the camera is definitely messed up.

It seems to be some electrical contacts / wires failure, internal or external. Big chance to be not fixable.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zantuna