DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First flight and stuck in explore mode

veryzebra

Reactions
Just got back from my first flight. A little disappointed so far due to the lag from when you move the sticks to when the 3 moves or changes directions. Much more lag than the Air2. Anyway, how the heck do you exit explore mode using the standard controller. I kept trying to try some master shots but it kept telling me I have to first leave explorer mode - great I will just help me by telling me how lol. Thanks

If thats the best you have? I hope you dont have any questions or want advice in the future.
A forum like this one is made for questions that are NOT easily answered in the manual. It is always wise to FIRST read the manual completely, then, if your question is still not answered, SEARCH the forum to see if your question wasn't already answered in an other thread BEFORE posting in a new topic. That's how forums like this one keep their function and relevance.

I thought one of the main reasons was to help and give advice to others and to share information with peers.

I would think that a simple RTFM is not that helpful. Odds are some probably dont even know what this means. Perhaps you could tell us. (Or would it be considered rude to simple write “refer to the F%*&# manual)

If you dont want to help with a simple explanation for someone, why bother spending the time to send RTFM.

Im pretty sure there are plenty of active users and contributors, that have been part of this “relevant” forum for many years that are happy to spend a few moments helping someone out.

If we all stooped to your level of advice, this forum would have lost its relevance and function a long time ago

Last edited:
Just got back from my first flight. A little disappointed so far due to the lag from when you move the sticks to when the 3 moves or changes directions. Much more lag than the Air2. Anyway, how the heck do you exit explore mode using the standard controller. I kept trying to try some master shots but it kept telling me I have to first leave explorer mode - great I will just help me by telling me how lol. Thanks

Leave the explorer mode by selecting another mode. Video, photo, pano, ...

If you were in explore mode and had the camera zoomed in, it will respond much slower than if it is zoomed out (ie., turns will be slower, etc). Maybe that is what you were experiencing. If there is a lag when not in explore mode or not zoomed in, then something else is going on and in that case posting the logs might be helpful and one of the experts on here could take a look to see what is going on.

Chris

I thought one of the main reasons was to help and give advice to others and to share information with peers.

I would think that a simple RTFM is not that helpful. Odds are some probably dont even know what this means. Perhaps you could tell us. (Or would it be considered rude to simple write “refer to the F%*&# manual)

If you dont want to help with a simple explanation for someone, why bother spending the time to send RTFM.

Im pretty sure there are plenty of active users and contributors, that have been part of this “relevant” forum for many years that are happy to spend a few moments helping someone out.

If we all stooped to your level of advice, this forum would have lost its relevance and function a long time ago
Let's just agree to disagree.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu