DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

First Flight and THIS Happens...

Doyleh13

Reactions
So, I launched my Mavic Pro for the very first time yesterday...and it performed flawlessly! No gimbal issues, no falling out of the sky, etc., just performed as it's supposed to perform. I bought it in May...and yes, you read that correctly, flew it for the first time yesterday, after extensive reading of the manual and familiarizing myself with many of the rookie mistakes found here on the forum.

Thanks to all of you that flew yours within minutes of opening the box. You helped me to avoid many mistakes. And yes, I will continue taking my time with it. I really don't need a thousand dollar paperweight.

Excellent approach. It should serve you well.

Reactions: Wersh
Its always a worry that first flight. So nerve wracking and then a complete sense of joy and relief when it touches down.
I kept mine on beginners mode for a couple of flights then slowly spread my wings, Still get a little nervous now but its a whole lot of fun!

Best advice I read on this site was, "Read the Mavic manual 3 times".
Before my Mavic arrived I downloaded manual and read. I also search this site
for spicific questions. Appreciate the in depth knowledge some site members have and share.

Its always a worry that first flight. So nerve wracking and then a complete sense of joy and relief when it touches down.
I kept mine on beginners mode for a couple of flights then slowly spread my wings, Still get a little nervous now but its a whole lot of fun!

One of the funniest posts I read was one individual that couldn't figure out how to start the motors. If you cannot even figure out how to get the motors started, that's a good sign that you shouldn't be flying.

It's pretty scary to think some of the pilots on here are buzzing about above innocent people just waiting for a LiPo to be imbedded in their skulls...

I applaud your thoroughness. No way I could be THAT patient.

I do, however, perform a lot of research and reading before buying things of this nature so by the time I got my drone I was fully knowledgeable enough to fly it. No issues so far and I really haven't had any surprises either.

Reactions: Doyleh13
lol, the first time I flew my old Phantom my hands were shaking I was so nervous... only went like 50 ft high and didn't leave the parking lot I was in. Scared to death something was going to go wrong... and then second flight the jitters were gone! Good luck with your future flights... and don't forget to have fun!

Very nice. I also did a ton of research and reading before I flew mine, partly because I pre-ordered it and had to wait for freaking ever to get it. I have had a few friends get them and I tell them the same thing I tell people on this forum...TAKE IT SLOW AND PRACTICE. Before you try to fly complex flights, fly an open field. Play with new features in the middle of nowhere to learn exactly how they work.

I started to fly my mavic 1st i've got my hands on it(never had any drone before) .. BUT just like you I've spent days, weeks before getting it, reading forum+ manual :) baby steps to get confidence with it, it took me ages to let it fly more than 50 meters for me lol! if you take it slow it'll be a wonderful experience! also when you think you master it... remember that any mistake will be paid, have a look and fly safe :

I am still tentative with my device. 53 flights at 157,900 distance traveled and have hardly left my neighborhood!

Reactions: elliot29
So I lost the fear of flying after about 4 to 5 flights. I actually trained on some manoeuvres like doint a square, M, a circle point outward in wards, sprint to stop etc. Didn't really took it far away until flying was second nature :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaxRichu