DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Mini First Flight in the woods

Chris Baish

Reactions
This was my first ever flight in the woods. Using my Mavic Mini (since upgraded to Mini 2). Also the first video to make money for me, quite unintentionally. I had a researcher from Rare TV contact me based on this video, with a request to licence some clips for a programme about the origin of stones from Stonehenge. It will air on Discovery Science in the US. The money paid for my Mini 2 upgrade. Needless to say I was very happy about that!

Wow. Great video. I usually don't use fade to black transitions, but yours really suited the music and the music really suited the material.

This was my first ever flight in the woods. Using my Mavic Mini (since upgraded to Mini 2). Also the first video to make money for me, quite unintentionally. I had a researcher from Rare TV contact me based on this video, with a request to licence some clips for a programme about the origin of stones from Stonehenge. It will air on Discovery Science in the US. The money paid for my Mini 2 upgrade. Needless to say I was very happy about that!

Good job Chris! It’s always nice to get paid for something you would do for free and have fun doing it.
Cheers,
Rex

Reactions: Chris Baish
Great video, I like it!
Well chosen music, and you are right about the transitions.

A brilliant piece of film work. Wonderful scenes, great music choice and expertly editied. I wish you were my neighbor, I have some great video (at least I think so) and some superb music but have no clue yet about editing. Your video was one of those that left the viewer wanting more and that is always a wonderful way to end a video.

You had perfect scene durations and cuts, I look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks so much for posting this, truly enjoyable to watch and I'm pleased you made some money out of it. You were probably well underpaid, but it is nice to have credits on such a good TV programme to put forward for possible future clients. Be sure to negotiate a higher price for yourself next time. Your work is very much worth it.

A brilliant piece of film work. Wonderful scenes, great music choice and expertly editied. I wish you were my neighbor, I have some great video (at least I think so) and some superb music but have no clue yet about editing. Your video was one of those that left the viewer wanting more and that is always a wonderful way to end a video.

You had perfect scene durations and cuts, I look forward to seeing more of your work. Thanks so much for posting this, truly enjoyable to watch and I'm pleased you made some money out of it. You were probably well underpaid, but it is nice to have credits on such a good TV programme to put forward for possible future clients. Be sure to negotiate a higher price for yourself next time. Your work is very much worth it.
Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment. My number one tip for editing is to always start by putting the music track onto the timeline first. Then play it through several times and place a cut where there is a natural change in the music. You obviously don't chop anything out, but the cut acts as a marker for the video change. Then you lay down the video after. If your software works the same as most you can then snip the video so the transitions align exactly with the cuts in the audio. You can also match the pace of the clip with the pace of the audio. Once I learnt this it made a massive difference to my editing. I use Lumafusion on an ipad mini 5, by the way.

Reactions: Chris4koi

Nice video editing ? great video ?

Wow! Thank you for taking the time to post such a nice comment. My number one tip for editing is to always start by putting the music track onto the timeline first. Then play it through several times and place a cut where there is a natural change in the music. You obviously don't chop anything out, but the cut acts as a marker for the video change. Then you lay down the video after. If your software works the same as most you can then snip the video so the transitions align exactly with the cuts in the audio. You can also match the pace of the clip with the pace of the audio. Once I learnt this it made a massive difference to my editing. I use Lumafusion on an ipad mini 5, by the way.
Wow, not even done on a conventional computer? I know exactly what I want in a video and have music selected and visualize the scenes, so no problem there at all, I have been doing that in my mind for years, hearing music and then playing the visuals through my mind with the cuts where I want them etc. I just lack the know how of putting it all together.

Reactions: Chris4koi
Beautifully done. Enjoyed everything about this video and learned something to boot. Never liked fade to black, but your use was perfect.

Thanks for sharing.

OK, so here is the best compliment I have given anyone thus far:
I own many RC vehicles (most of which are drones) from which I have taken thousands of hours of video and tens of thousands of pictures. I use them for my viewing pleasure. I had a friend build a high-end computer for video editing. I have never edited any of the videos. After watching the footage and the techniques used here, I am now going to start editing my videos. Thanks for the inspiration.

OK, so here is the best compliment I have given anyone thus far:
I own many RC vehicles (most of which are drones) from which I have taken thousands of hours of video and tens of thousands of pictures. I use them for my viewing pleasure. I had a friend build a high-end computer for video editing. I have never edited any of the videos. After watching the footage and the techniques used here, I am now going to start editing my videos. Thanks for the inspiration.
Wow. So pleased to have inspired you. Good luck!

Reactions: NG Wildman
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60